PDA

View Full Version : "Surfing" my tristar/ go pro video

Gteeiguy
08-08-2013, 08:02 PM
Here's a vid using a go pro. My cousin put it together. Absolutely terrible surfing, and jeeze, I need some ballast in this damn boat.

http://youtu.be/1fd37hZ-wZA

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
08-08-2013, 08:11 PM
Great vid, I just picked up a gp hero3 hopefully get to try it out this weekend.
What speed? Might trying slowing down abit try 10 mph.

Gteeiguy
08-08-2013, 08:33 PM
That was about 11. I'm thinking about trying to find someone local to borrow a fat sack from to see if I should get some

kevkan
08-08-2013, 09:29 PM
I seriously doubt ballast is going to help in that boat. Best bet is to slow way down. Boat cannot be on plane. Aren't Tristars a bit prone to taking wake wash over the stern?

I do get a chuckle out of the dedicated surf rope though.

Gteeiguy
08-08-2013, 11:28 PM
I seriously doubt ballast is going to help in that boat. Best bet is to slow way down. Boat cannot be on plane. Aren't Tristars a bit prone to taking wake wash over the stern?

I do get a chuckle out of the dedicated surf rope though.

Rope came with the board. Lol.

We've surfed successfully with 3 large people sitting on the rear corner at about 9mph. If you drive the boat properly, it doesn't take on water. I was thinking 700lbs would do us good with 3 in the boat. If you can surf a prostar, shouldn't you be able to surf a tristar?

Traxx822
08-09-2013, 10:11 AM
Rope came with the board. Lol.

We've surfed successfully with 3 large people sitting on the rear corner at about 9mph. If you drive the boat properly, it doesn't take on water. I was thinking 700lbs would do us good with 3 in the boat. If you can surf a prostar, shouldn't you be able to surf a tristar?

Yes, but you need to slow way down. And stay on one side toes in towards the wave. . Just when you start learning.

Unless you were just goofing off. And I am not trying to be rude at all, that video was the furthest thing I have ever seen from wakesurfing. Amusing yes, but not even close.

When you launch, do it slow, real slow. Bring it to about 2200 rpm and hold it, put at least 500# in the corner and everyone you can in the corner too. Your engine will act as ballast for the middle of the boat and you will be surprised at the wave I think.

Good luck man

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

chriscraftmatt1976
08-09-2013, 11:50 AM
Unless you were just goofing off. And I am not trying to be rude at all, that video was the furthest thing I have ever seen from wakesurfing. Amusing yes, but not even close.

Good luck man

Agreed. Again, not to be a jerk, that's not my intention, but you ain't surfing till you drop the rope. Until then, you're... I dunno... Skurfing

Gteeiguy
08-09-2013, 11:51 AM
Yes, but you need to slow way down. And stay on one side toes in towards the wave. . Just when you start learning.

When you launch, do it slow, real slow. Bring it to about 2200 rpm and hold it, put at least 500# in the corner and everyone you can in the corner too. Your engine will act as ballast for the middle of the boat and you will be surprised at the wave I think.

Good luck man

Oh yeah, I agree. I'd never have put that together, we were screwing off. 2 guys in the boat, no ballast, in a TriStar, what did you think I expected.....I just thought my boat looked nice. :) hopefully I can get my cousin to post up a successful vid of us surfing the TriStar so I can give the naysayers something to think about.

sp00ky
08-09-2013, 12:04 PM
Oh yeah, I agree. I'd never have put that together, we were screwing off. 2 guys in the boat, no ballast, in a TriStar, what did you think I expected.....I just thought my boat looked nice. :) hopefully I can get my cousin to post up a successful vid of us surfing the TriStar so I can give the naysayers something to think about.

Dont get offended you are the one who posted the video. Also looks way faster than 11 maybe check your speedos. They should barely even move at wake surf speed.

chriscraftmatt1976
08-09-2013, 12:13 PM
Where are you at? I've got two 550 sacks and a tsunami pump I'm thinking about unloading. Only used the sacks once, very clean...

92 190 PS
08-09-2013, 12:23 PM
Chriscraftmatt I have a friend at our river that is looking for some more sacks for his 23LSV. PM me details and what you want for it and I'll pass it along. We're in Ohio, he is in Cincinnati.

Gteeiguy
08-09-2013, 12:34 PM
Dont get offended you are the one who posted the video. Also looks way faster than 11 maybe check your speedos. They should barely even move at wake surf speed.

Not offended. The internet is no good at conveying tone. Yeah good call, I def need to check/work on/replace speedos. One doesn't work and the other takes a while to kick in.

Gteeiguy
08-09-2013, 12:36 PM
Where are you at? I've got two 550 sacks and a tsunami pump I'm thinking about unloading. Only used the sacks once, very clean...

I'm in madison wi. Interested!

Traxx822
08-09-2013, 12:57 PM
Not offended. The internet is no good at conveying tone. Yeah good call, I def need to check/work on/replace speedos. One doesn't work and the other takes a while to kick in.

Like I said 500#'s in whatever corner, all passengers in same corner. Your engine is heavy and will act like a huge ballast bag in the center. You need as much weight as possible in the corner. Then when you start, go slow. Slowly accelerate to 2200 rpms. Watch the wave. Make very very slight adjustments. Very very very slight adjustments. Then surf your *** off.

I have actually seen 205 dd boats throw a surprisingly surfable wave. So get to it.

chriscraftmatt1976
08-09-2013, 02:12 PM
I'm in madison wi. Interested!

My brother madcityskier is in cottage grove right by you. He was just here visiting too, Dammit. I guess I could ship um to you???

chriscraftmatt1976
08-09-2013, 02:14 PM
Like I said 500#'s in whatever corner, all passengers in same corner. Your engine is heavy and will act like a huge ballast bag in the center. You need as much weight as possible in the corner. Then when you start, go slow. Slowly accelerate to 2200 rpms. Watch the wave. Make very very slight adjustments. Very very very slight adjustments. Then surf your *** off.

I have actually seen 205 dd boats throw a surprisingly surfable wave. So get to it.

I'm guessing with 550 behind the driver, 550 in the back, tugged to the corner, and a couple thicker chicks, he'll get something at least decent. The best part of surfing is having an excuse to hunt for fat chicks. :)

Traxx822
08-09-2013, 03:59 PM
I'm guessing with 550 behind the driver, 550 in the back, tugged to the corner, and a couple thicker chicks, he'll get something at least decent. The best part of surfing is having an excuse to hunt for fat chicks. :)

Around here we call that going hoggin

Traxx822
08-09-2013, 04:00 PM
My brother madcityskier is in cottage grove right by you. He was just here visiting too, Dammit. I guess I could ship um to you???

I didn't know that was your brother

chriscraftmatt1976
08-10-2013, 10:36 PM
I didn't know that was your brother

He tends to not bring it up. You'll understand if you ever go to a bar with me.

Limpkin
08-12-2013, 03:19 PM
I have surfed on a Tristar with ballast it is not so bad.

I live on Lake Mendota are you from the area? I am almost ALWAYS looking for a third to surf with me on my 2013 X30.

I can also help you ballast out the tristar, I have over 5k in bags.
Jesse
608-205-8095

chriscraftmatt1976
08-13-2013, 03:28 PM
And if you want those bags Pm me, or I'll probably throw um on eBay.

madcityskier
08-14-2013, 11:19 PM
He tends to not bring it up. You'll understand if you ever go to a bar with me.

If I claimed you on the what's in my cooler thread, I'll claim you anywhere

chriscraftmatt1976
08-15-2013, 01:09 PM
If I claimed you on the what's in my cooler thread, I'll claim you anywhere

Whatever. I was totally in the right on that thread, and I NEVER told that guy to f off as he claimed. He has anger issues. I an a calm rational individual. :)

madcityskier
08-15-2013, 01:25 PM
Yes you an.