PDA

View Full Version : Rope?

KxCorky
08-06-2013, 11:48 AM
Only been surfing a few times behind a friends boat. Want to get my boat set up to play around with it a little more. I have a 94' Pro Star 205 with a barewest tower. What rope should I get?

Thanks,

TReece
08-06-2013, 01:08 PM
I like the Ronix and Accurate ones. 9" traditional looking handle, easy for adults and kids to use.

T-Handel one or knots only don't seam to work for people learning.

MI_Corey
08-06-2013, 01:11 PM
I like the Ronix and Accurate ones. 9" traditional looking handle, easy for adults and kids to use.

T-Handel one or knots only don't seam to work for people learning.

I agree. I do like using the knot ropes but they are terrible for teaching people with. We have the accurate w/ 9" handle and it has been great.

chriscraftmatt1976
08-06-2013, 01:20 PM
We were using a ski rope once bc I forgot my knot rope. I was goofing off with slack, rope still in hand. I fell, rope went into my armpit between my torso and arm. I hit the water and stopped, handle did not. Wish I still had pics of the bruises. 3 broken ribs, whole left part of my arm and torso were purple/yellow for a month!

I'd stick to a nice fat knot rope. Beats the er any day.

KxCorky
08-06-2013, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the info. I was looking at the traditional handles as well.. That is the one we were using behind my friends boat too.. I wanted a surf board and rope so bad I did the same thing with the wake board rope.. too much rope to pull in lol.

Specter
08-06-2013, 04:14 PM
Proline LG - http://www.prolineropes.com/product/proline_lg_surf_package_

bturner2
08-06-2013, 04:16 PM
I have the Ronix and love it. Has the pads at the knock offs.....

Astepatatime
08-06-2013, 05:42 PM
We bought a 20' with knotted ends. I think from Overtons, but I could check. Was a little worried about a handle on the surf rope. It's all we've used so can't compare/contrast. I can say a few beginners have had problems with the knot, but they were holding it at the very end, where it was thicker. When I told them to choke up, which was a narrower part of the knot, grip problems went away.

Traxx822
08-11-2013, 10:32 AM
Agenda Surf has the best rope for surfing out there.

Last surf rope you will ever want.

http://agendasurf.com/dir/products/wakesurf/rope-handle-combo/wakesurf-rope-handle-combo.html