PDA

View Full Version : Carpet Woes! Need Advise.

Redstorm
08-05-2013, 11:33 PM
Have an 01 205V. Carpet needed cleaning so I sprayed carpet with hose just enough to get wet to scrup with soapy (Palmolive) water with a brush. As I rinsed with a hose and nozzle I sucked it up with a strong shop vac. Left the boat uncovered in the garage to dry. Now I have a strong Oder comming from the carpet.

I am wondering if I can just completely spray the carpet down with a hose and washing it again letting the water drain to the bildge. Will it do any damage?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Don't know what to do.

Thanks!

mikeg205
08-05-2013, 11:37 PM
Pull the drain plug and wash away...... carpet shampoo makes less suds... I would let it dry in the sun if you could... IMO.... I washed mine with Totally Amazing Cleaner... came out great for a 18 year old carpet.

thatsmrmastercraft
08-05-2013, 11:38 PM
Soapy water in the bilge is a great thing as long as it doesn't get too high to affect starter of get to trans filler. Keep an eye on the level, but don't let it all drain out. Leave a few inches of soapy water in the boat, have the plugs in place, and take the boat for a ride and let the soapy water clean out the bilge. Give it a good rinse afterwords.

The smell will go away once you hose out the carpet well.

Barefooter92
08-06-2013, 07:18 AM
I use a rug Dr. from Lowes works great! Use the product too as it is less suds.

Redstorm
08-06-2013, 11:48 AM
Thank you!!! I will be washing the carpet thoroughly now. I understand some also will use a fabric softener to loosen up the fabric. Anyone here done this or heard of this??

Pickwick
09-30-2013, 02:15 PM
What type of brush do people use? hard bristle? soft?

CantRepeat
10-01-2013, 09:26 PM
Keep rinsing the carpet with water.

chriscraftmatt1976
10-01-2013, 10:18 PM
Gonna yank my carpet this winter and put in vinyl, have snap out carpet made.