PDA

View Full Version : emergency trailer help

89mastercraft
08-05-2013, 02:49 PM
Please forgive me for double posting, boat and trailer stranded.. trying to get some quick help

I know this is a LONG shot.... BUT

My wheel bearing is smoked on the driver side of my trailer.. completely locked up and unable to get the boat home.. I have checked my trailer for a model or serial and unable to find one

it's a 89 mastercraft prostar 190... i just called northern about just buying a hub and i need the bearing ID size or spindle size and bolt pattern...

anyone have any info on this?

Kyle
08-05-2013, 03:21 PM
My friends late 80's Malibu did the same thing saturday

We took the hub off on the side of the freeway, took the bearings with us. Got new bearings and race's. Hammered out the old race and tapped in the new race, packed the bearings, went on down the road.

I don't know what size it took.

Hub is 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern. I just do not know spindle OD or bearing ID.

I would take it apart where it is now and remove the hub. Then take the hub with you to get needed parts.

Maybe call a friend to drive you to a parts store or leave the boat on the road.

thatsmrmastercraft
08-05-2013, 03:23 PM
My friends late 80's Malibu did the same thing.

We took the hub off on the side of the freeway, took the bearings with us. Got new bearings and race's. Hammered out the old race and tapped in the new race, packed the bearings, went on down the road.

I don't know what size it took.

Hub is 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern. I just do not know spindle OD or bearing ID.

I would take it apart where it is now and remove the hub. Then take the hub with you to get needed parts.

Maybe call a friend to drive you to a parts store or leave the boat on the road.

Isn't that a 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern?

thatsmrmastercraft
08-05-2013, 03:31 PM
I think you have two options:
1 1/16 inner and outer
1 3/8 inner and 1 1/16 outer

Do you have the ability to take a look?

Kyle
08-05-2013, 03:34 PM
Isn't that a 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern?

You're correct

mikeg205