PDA

View Full Version : Boat house lift set up

pmikler
08-05-2013, 02:35 PM
Boat is a 06 x30

The Boat dock company I am using is putting in an inboard specific cradle and to his credit the owner has admitted that he doesn't do a lot of v drive inboards. We are wondering how much aft overhang is acceptable? Can the aft hang 1, 2 , 3 feet over the bunks? My best guess was the end of the bunks being just past the motor mounts.

Its important because I am trying to get the boat centered under the roof for maximum shade and need to know where to put the lift.

According to the manufacturer the cradle is 12' bunks and is rated for up to a 23' inboard boat.

I looked through the boat dock thread and didn't get much info.

Thanks all

JerryW
08-05-2013, 02:51 PM
It probably depends a lot on how the lift you're getting is built and configured, as to whether you can do this or not, but I had the bunks for our lift configured and positioned to match the bunks on the Mastercraft trailer. Actually had another pair added since the lift only came standard with one pair. I figured that way the support would be in the same place as what the manufacturer felt was needed.

pmikler
08-05-2013, 03:51 PM
It probably depends a lot on how the lift you're getting is built and configured, as to whether you can do this or not, but I had the bunks for our lift configured and positioned to match the bunks on the Mastercraft trailer. Actually had another pair added since the lift only came standard with one pair. I figured that way the support would be in the same place as what the manufacturer felt was needed.

Here is the type of cradle that i have. I would imagine you can easily add bunks to it but extending them outside if the frame is going to do little http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/06/ymy3ajej.jpg

76S&S
08-05-2013, 08:03 PM
For 12' bunks I would place the rear of the boat almost on the end of the bunks. Maybe 1' to 2'(max) overhang.