PDA

View Full Version : x55 fiberglass swim platform

offshoreelectric
08-04-2013, 09:11 PM
Does anyone know where I can find prices and options on changing my wood platform to a fiberglass platform?

FoggyNogginz
08-05-2013, 11:50 PM
Bump....I have the same question. Can you buy replacement swim platforms?

Thanks!

GoneBoatN
08-06-2013, 12:53 AM
My suggestion would be to contact your local MC Dealer and inquire there. They are the only ones I know where you can get an fiberglass swim platform.

That being said, if they don't make them, and you have the existing platform, you could find a local fiberglass guy. They can make a mold using the existing platform and then fabricate one from that.

DHPRO
08-06-2013, 10:43 AM
Can I ask why you want to change? I was thinking the teak would be much better wearing over time, and req simple sand and seal once a year?

bjames
08-07-2013, 12:26 AM
Can I ask why you want to change? I was thinking the teak would be much better wearing over time, and req simple sand and seal once a year?

Im actually considering replacing my fiberglass platform with a teak. If properly cared for, the teak is classy. The fiberglass gete all scuffed up (its black) from sliding off the end on my wakeboard.:D

Redstorm
08-07-2013, 12:32 AM
Im actually considering replacing my fiberglass platform with a teak. If properly cared for, the teak is classy. The fiberglass gete all scuffed up (its black) from sliding off the end on my wakeboard.:D

+1. Teak is a much more classier/richer look. IMO

mzimme
08-07-2013, 12:43 AM
+1. Teak is a much more classier/richer look. IMO

Agreed. Wish there was a teak deck I could buy for my boat :(

scott023
08-07-2013, 11:54 AM
My only issue with teak is that the fricking ducks love it. And I dislike having to clean the duck crap off it each time we go out. Seems they much prefer the teak over fiberglass.

bjames
08-07-2013, 07:32 PM
My only issue with teak is that the fricking ducks love it. And I dislike having to clean the duck crap off it each time we go out. Seems they much prefer the teak over fiberglass.

I presume you leave your boat oin a lift at the lake? or you have a duck problem at home :D

onewheat
08-07-2013, 07:39 PM
Teak decks always seem to be slick like ice - it never fails when there is a line of boats to walk across, when you get to the one with teak, that's where everyone falls into the water and gets bloody shins.