10-13-2005, 10:30 PM
http://www.comcast.net/news/index.jsp?cat=GENERAL&fn=/2005/10/13/241416.html

Nice job George, Nice:(

erkoehler
10-13-2005, 10:43 PM
:mad: not good :(

Farmer Ted
10-13-2005, 10:45 PM
Nothing new here, when ever a VIP is coming, the fair haired boys are always "selected" to ask question and it just so happens that the questions are pre-screened and approved and the guy with the mike will not (or should I say is not supposed to) give the mike to someone not on "the list"

When I was with a NATO unit at Geilenkirchen Germany, Donald Rumsfeld came and presented our unit with the Joint Meritorious Unit Award, it was the second time a non US unit had been presented it. There were about 1000 people from 10 nations assembled and we had some clown that wasn't in the NATO food chain grab the mike and ask the secretary if the USAF support unit would get it too.

Rummy looked kind of surprised by the question and our two star just said we'll look into it sir...

This kid had to stand tall before the man the next morning and got his a$$ reemed by an O-6 before he got to have a come to Jesus with the 2 Star General.

So seeing a staged press event is not surprising.

SKI*MC
10-13-2005, 10:48 PM
hmm... and this is a surprise to so many people why...?

PendO
10-13-2005, 11:10 PM
Nothing new here, when ever a VIP is coming, the fair haired boys are always "selected" to ask question and it just so happens that the questions are pre-screened and approved and the guy with the mike will not (or should I say is not supposed to) give the mike to someone not on "the list"

When I was with a NATO unit at Geilenkirchen Germany, Donald Rumsfeld came and presented our unit with the Joint Meritorious Unit Award, it was the second time a non US unit had been presented it. There were about 1000 people from 10 nations assembled and we had some clown that wasn't in the NATO food chain grab the mike and ask the secretary if the USAF support unit would get it too.

Rummy looked kind of surprised by the question and our two star just said we'll look into it sir...

This kid had to stand tall before the man the next morning and got his a$$ reemed by an O-6 before he got to have a come to Jesus with the 2 Star General.

So seeing a staged press event is not surprising.

Damn, that's funny (since it was't me) ... I'd agree that some sort of staging is normal and even practical ... just don't do it in such a manner as everyone knows exactly how you staged it... I like my propoganda polished, nice and ShInY! (easier to swallow that way)

Farmer Ted
10-13-2005, 11:19 PM
transcript of the speech

http://www.dod.gov/transcripts/2002/t06082002_t0607gkg.html

Q: Sir, I am Staff Sgt. Escoto. I work for the 470th Network Support Shop. The award that you just gave -- out of curiosity -- is that also for the 470th?

Rumsfeld: I could not hear the first part of your question. I think they had to turn up the volume.

Q: The award that you just gave. Does that include the 470th Unit?

Rumsfeld: I'll have to get it and re-read it.

Maj. Gen. Winterberger: We just received the award. Let me work on that one.

Let me translate that for you... MG W wants you and your supervisor in full service dress blues to stop by the USSNR office and get a warm up @ss reem so you're good and lubed when you get to my office...

shepherd
10-13-2005, 11:19 PM
I'd agree that some sort of staging is normal and even practical ... just don't do it in such a manner as everyone knows exactly how you staged it... I like my propoganda polished, nice and ShInY! (easier to swallow that way)

No, spin it how you like, if it was staged to look like a "real" conversation without letting the people watching know what's going on, it's just plain DISHONEST :noface: Period.

Kind of reminds me of that movie Quiz Show where the game show contestant was actually fed the answers before the show, meanwhile the viewers thought it was an actual contest... Tell me what the difference is...

Farmer Ted
10-13-2005, 11:24 PM
it's all PR

all the "real" news I mean entertainment shows only show what fits their agenda

PendO
10-13-2005, 11:40 PM
No, spin it how you like, if it was staged to look like a "real" conversation without letting the people watching know what's going on, it's just plain DISHONEST :noface: Period.

Kind of reminds me of that movie Quiz Show where the game show contestant was actually fed the answers before the show, meanwhile the viewers thought it was an actual contest... Tell me what the difference is...

Oh, I'm not saying it is not dishonest ... as soon as a politician speaks there is a 99% chance s/he is saying something dishonest ... if a meal is going to taste like S* at least it can look good on the plate.

I'm not a solidier/veteran ... but I bet not many of them like the status quo when it comes to media interviews (its been going on for countless administrations, not just this one).

Difference was, in the past you did not have the internet to readily disperse the truth about what really transpired before, during, and after the aforementioned telecon..

It's no more a sham than the latest Sup. Ct. nominee (did I say that out loud:))

lakes Rick
10-13-2005, 11:46 PM
Shows like Larry King, Bawbwa wawa's, and all the rest are ALL pre planned questions.. Thats why tough questions are never asked nor answered..
I want to say Oreilly is not, but who really knows....