PDA

View Full Version : 85 windshield

Robby k
08-03-2013, 09:50 PM
I am new here. I have an 85 stars and stripe. When I bought the boat four years ago the windshield and side windows and tops of frame had been replaced with strips of aluminum. I made windshield look as close to original with stainless but would like original can anybody point me in right direction to find a windshield or replacement pieces.

thatsmrmastercraft
08-03-2013, 11:16 PM
Welcome to Team Talk. Windshield for our older boats can be hard to come by, but they still pop up occasionally. Good luck with your search.

My '77 came without a windshield. I managed to locate a Taylor windshield that is a pretty close fit. After 4 1/2 years I have finally located a correct windshield and will have it soon.

tph
08-04-2013, 02:45 AM
Do you have the original glass/plastic. If so, I may be able to help with some of the original framework.

Robby k
08-04-2013, 09:44 AM
Thank you. That would be awesome. I am missing the three top rails of the windshield, and also the Taylor made glass I made up top rails to what it should look like and had lexan put in. This is what it looks like will find a photo of what it looked like before.

Robby k
08-04-2013, 09:47 AM
Here are two pics after frame replacement

Robby k
08-04-2013, 09:55 AM
This is what it looked like before. It sloped down to the center of boat. They also added a strut in the center to support the hack job of a windshield and frame