PDA

View Full Version : What food do you bring on the boat?

46Chief
08-03-2013, 07:43 PM
One of the challenges keeping my wife engaged and on the boat for an extended day and evening ski sessions is I have to keep her fed. She's not much of a junk food eater, no Doritos Cheetos Twinkies etc. It's in my best interest and sanity to keep her blood sugar up and her mood positive.

Some of the things we have had on the boat this summer. Pizza, salsa and chips, salami, pepperoni crackers and assorted cheese, apple slices, grapes, chopped carrots and celery humus and pita chips.

Anyone have any great finger food ideas? They don't have to necessarily be healthy but be easy to pack, and not be to complicated with cleanup dishes etc?

SpokaneSkier
08-03-2013, 07:50 PM
The wife started picking up Jimmy John's for the family. They cut them into 2" sections or so and it works great all day long (Use of cooler recommended!). We have four kids and seems to satisfy better then all those darn snacks!

GoneBoatN
08-03-2013, 10:48 PM
I have a dehydrator and make home made beef jerky. You would think I was passing out gold.

supreme112279
08-03-2013, 11:07 PM
I keep chashews on the boat and assorted peanuts. works for me

LittleFuss
08-03-2013, 11:12 PM
water, beer...no gatoradish drinks (Stains), No nuts they get everywhere, no chips they are greasy, edible bikinis allowed...and absolutely under no circumstances does a banana get on my vessel

JMLVMI
08-03-2013, 11:16 PM
We usually bring subs, chips and sodas for evening sessions. I'm more anal about my boat than my FIL, but because I supposedly put a cut in his Stingray's vinyl with a wakeboard 6 years ago he thinks the rules are different on my boat and razzes me when I tell him to be careful :rolleyes:

thatsmrmastercraft
08-03-2013, 11:25 PM
water, beer...no gatoradish drinks (Stains), No nuts they get everywhere, no chips they are greasy, edible bikinis allowed...and absolutely under no circumstances does a banana get on my vessel

No Walnuts either............bad luck.

walterlaughlin
08-03-2013, 11:59 PM
Given that they are in season, I pre-wash raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, and blueberries, put them in a large tupperware container and put em in the cooler. I read somewhere that berries (blueberries in particular) are good for settling the nerves and reducing stress, especially in women. The kids love em:

Grover777
08-04-2013, 12:07 AM
Given that they are in season, I pre-wash raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, and blueberries, put them in a large tupperware container and put em in the cooler. I read somewhere that berries (blueberries in particular) are good for settling the nerves and reducing stress, especially in women. The kids love em:

What about the stains! No blueberry can reduce that stress! :)

thatsmrmastercraft
08-04-2013, 12:14 AM

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=44555&d=1364467630http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=44555&d=1364467630http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=44555&d=1364467630

Traxx822
08-04-2013, 08:38 AM

I don't care what it is. Pizza, Cheeto, marinara sauce, Gatorade, bloody Mary, mustard.

If you only eat it at a designated area and eating time spills are almost never. And if they do then wipe it up quick. It won't stain in t minus 5 seconds.

If I got on someone else's boat and they were all you can't bring this food because it might stain. I wouldn't get on.

Probably too anal about more than stains

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

walterlaughlin
08-04-2013, 04:11 PM
If I was afraid of stains, I would either not have kids, or not have a boat

46Chief
08-04-2013, 04:34 PM
Food stains are of zero concern when it comes to this boat. For some reason I knew this thread would turn into a MCOCD stain thread.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u216/46chief/Ripple/filthycarpet_zps879b0d38.jpg

fskof
08-04-2013, 07:54 PM
One of the challenges keeping my wife engaged and on the boat for an extended day and evening ski sessions is I have to keep her fed. She's not much of a junk food eater, no Doritos Cheetos Twinkies etc. It's in my best interest and sanity to keep her blood sugar up and her mood positive.

Some of the things we have had on the boat this summer. Pizza, salsa and chips, salami, pepperoni crackers and assorted cheese, apple slices, grapes, chopped carrots and celery humus and pita chips.

Anyone have any great finger food ideas? They don't have to necessarily be healthy but be easy to pack, and not be to complicated with cleanup dishes etc?

Why dont you make her a protein shake, pour it into a sealed bottle and keep it in the cooler. When her blood sugar and or mood drops she can drink it and will feel better. Thats what one of my friends will do because of his problems with his blood suger levels.

Footin
08-04-2013, 08:13 PM
Whatever my wife so graciously packs for us to take.

monsterwake
08-04-2013, 08:19 PM
Peanut butter and honey sandwiches. Get a container that will hold several of them without smashing them or making a mess. We have 2 and take 16 each time we go. Most people don't like them but Vienna Sausage in the smoked flavor. Of course we have the crackers and stuff but my MCOCD makes everyone eat outside the boat.

chriscraftmatt1976
08-04-2013, 08:41 PM
Fruit and lots of beef jerky. My favorite boat food.

TxsRiverRat
08-05-2013, 09:11 AM
No food on boat, no cooler on boat... Bring a water, eat and drink on shore between sets

MC4SNETS
08-05-2013, 12:13 PM
Sushi.....usually Spicy Tuna Roll. :cool:

Boarded boys
08-05-2013, 02:30 PM
No food on the boat! period! Beverages, yes, but explain to passengers, that red wine, if spilled will lead to 30 lashings and a walk down the plank.

BROUSSARD
08-05-2013, 02:52 PM
Food stains are of zero concern when it comes to this boat. For some reason I knew this thread would turn into a MCOCD stain thread.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u216/46chief/Ripple/filthycarpet_zps879b0d38.jpg

So glad my carpet doesn't look like that!

chriscraftmatt1976
08-05-2013, 03:21 PM
Some people prefer function over mcocd on every stain I guess. I'm somewhat in the middle. My carpet is dark blue, so it takes a lot to stain.

Redstorm
08-05-2013, 03:30 PM
So glad my carpet doesn't look like that!

+1. My beliefs are " ya take care of her and she'll take care of you. Ya dump on her, she'll dump on you".

fskof
08-05-2013, 03:39 PM
Guys before you jump on 46Chief pic remember that he is restoring this boat that would have ended in a salvage yard.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=52220

chriscraftmatt1976
08-05-2013, 04:11 PM
+1. My beliefs are " ya take care of her and she'll take care of you. Ya dump on her, she'll dump on you".

My personal belief system: it's all fixable. I do take care of my boat, but I also want people to feel comfortable using it, and though I ask that they be careful, they may smoke, eat, etc, in my boat.

TayMC197
08-05-2013, 04:17 PM
Fried chicken!!

Redstorm
08-05-2013, 04:40 PM
Guys before you jump on 46Chief pic remember that he is restoring this boat that would have ended in a salvage yard.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=52220

My personal belief system: it's all fixable. I do take care of my boat, but I also want people to feel comfortable using it, and though I ask that they be careful, they may smoke, eat, etc, in my boat.

Nice boat! I wish I was not MCOCD. At times my family purposely throws food on the floor just because....we all end up laughing after I throw a major tantrum! I use to smoke and after several burns in the carpet and upholstery....no fricken way! Its the permanent crap that bugs me! Years ago I was told your vehicle reflects how you live your life. This was back in the day when I was single. Stuck in my head forever. I like clean and classy!