PDA

View Full Version : Going boatless

Ryan
08-02-2013, 12:06 PM
I had a successful test drive to sell my boat last night, took a depsoit and contracted to complete the transaction next week (Monday). I expected some sadness, but didn't expect my wife and kids to say so much about being bummed with selling the boat.

After the test drive 10 y/o had his most fearless & best wakeboard run ever with surface slides, actually catching air and riding switch. Then I had the best slalom run I've had in 2 years on butter smooth water. It was awesome. I was dead-set on upgrading to a v-drive, but that ski run makes me keep 205/209/x9 in the search mix.

I'm planning to hold off to buy again until Grad School is over, but I'll keep my eye on the ebay/craigslist thread.

André
08-02-2013, 12:15 PM
Glad your last ride was fun for all the family!!!
You ll be back in a bigger and better boat soon!
(But it won t have that nice slalom wake of your 93 !!!)
Good luck Ryan!

Nelsonjeff79
08-02-2013, 12:24 PM
People say that the two best days of boat ownership are the day you buy it and the day you sell it. I disagree, when I sold my last boat I was moving due to a job and it was very bittersweet. Went four years boatless until last year I picked up a PS209. I went from a closed bow Supra to the 209 and loved the roominess my new boat has. Keep you eye out for a steal of a deal on craigslist because you never know when it may come up, and its not like you will have to worry about selling what you have!

Ryan
08-02-2013, 12:25 PM
Halfway through my run I started having second thoughts. But a bigger boat is in order with 4 growing kids. At least until I get a place on a lake, then maybe I'll find me a 190 again. Who knows, maybe it will even be royal purple.

André
08-02-2013, 01:18 PM
... Who knows, maybe it will even be royal purple.
I love my Barney boat!!!:o:D

Juiced190
08-02-2013, 10:38 PM
I had a successful test drive to sell my boat last night, took a depsoit and contracted to complete the transaction next week (Monday). I expected some sadness, but didn't expect my wife and kids to say so much about being bummed with selling the boat.

After the test drive 10 y/o had his most fearless & best wakeboard run ever with surface slides, actually catching air and riding switch. Then I had the best slalom run I've had in 2 years on butter smooth water. It was awesome. I was dead-set on upgrading to a v-drive, but that ski run makes me keep 205/209/x9 in the search mix.

I'm planning to hold off to buy again until Grad School is over, but I'll keep my eye on the ebay/craigslist thread.

Damn man, you're breaking my heart! That's a tragic story! The 190 is and will always be the heart beat of MasterCraft. Everyone on this forum knows it too, they may own another boat but they all wish they had a 190. That's just the damn truth! Hate to see you sale one of the finest looking 190's out there.

epnault
08-03-2013, 07:04 AM
People say that the two best days of boat ownership are the day you buy it and the day you sell it. I disagree, when I sold my last boat I was moving due to a job and it was very bittersweet. Went four years boatless until last year I picked up a PS209. I went from a closed bow Supra to the 209 and loved the roominess my new boat has. Keep you eye out for a steal of a deal on craigslist because you never know when it may come up, and its not like you will have to worry about selling what you have!

I have heard this saying too but after owning a MasterCraft I would say this applies to trailer boaters with I/O or outboards.

Ryan
08-03-2013, 09:10 AM
Damn man, you're breaking my heart! That's a tragic story! The 190 is and will always be the heart beat of MasterCraft. Everyone on this forum knows it too, they may own another boat but they all wish they had a 190. That's just the damn truth! Hate to see you sale one of the finest looking 190's out there.

I share the sentiment, however, after spending time on and skiing behind a pontoon, I really think that's a better option.

Ryan
08-04-2013, 08:28 AM
Kidding about a pontoon. While I did ski twice behind one and was surprised at how easy it was to cross the wakes (tritoon) my cuts would slow it down by a good 4-5 mph leaving me sinking across the wakes.

jgraham37128
08-04-2013, 08:35 AM
The best time to buy or sell a boat is when you don't have too. Sounds like you're a little bummed but you will get another. I've had a boat pretty much since I've turned 18. I think I may have went two years without a boat. Every-time I look on Craigslist there's always a boat for sale!

mikeg205
08-04-2013, 11:33 AM
I have heard this saying too but after owning a MasterCraft I would say this applies to trailer boaters with I/O or outboards.

I totally agree with this.. when I bought my 95 on 2010... the original owner was all teared up... It's those Tahoes and cheap fishing boats that are the fun to buy and easy to part with - plus too many boaters don't know how to care for their watercraft.

Brother-in-law bought a 2013 Ranger Reata to show me up... his first boat... We had a family vacation last week - even with his keel guard the granite reefs and random rocks had their day... :) - Showing off in unkown waters.. I just had to laugh.. 3 new deep scratches on the hull - chunk out of chine and scrapes and chunks out of skeg. I don't think he's a happy boat owner anymore... ;)

mtajpa
08-04-2013, 11:46 AM
After getting the MC my other boat hasn't seen the water but having bought it new in 81 I still can,t seem to sell it. Its an 21' Avenger 225hp BlackMax outboard. Its a better "ski" boat than my MC but the MC is a better all around family boat. Especially for the lake we are on.

kevkan
08-04-2013, 03:33 PM
When I traded my 1985 S&S I owned for 24 years in on an X-1 I wasn't really sad. I think the excitement of the new boat that met the needs of my family so much better eased the pain. I would have kept the boat except I had no where to store it, and wasn't going to rent a place. I wasn't about to let it sit outside.

The other day my sister-in-law saw my old boat and texted me a picture of it, sitting on someone else's lift. I felt a little sadness then. I was very happy the boat looked to be well cared for, as if it is any of my business now.

Footin
08-04-2013, 05:35 PM
I think you need to buy a 205 for that growing family, I just happen to know where you could buy a pretty nice one!

east tx skier
08-04-2013, 07:38 PM
Another one bites the dust. Consider the 205 or a 197. Plenty of room and still has a slalom wake.

I'm off to the garage to hug my closed bow ski boat!

Ryan
08-04-2013, 10:58 PM
I think you need to buy a 205 for that growing family, I just happen to know where you could buy a pretty nice one!

Suzanne has brought that up a few times Mike.

Ryan
08-04-2013, 11:54 PM
Another one bites the dust. Consider the 205 or a 197. Plenty of room and still has a slalom wake.

I'm off to the garage to hug my closed bow ski boat!

Those are surely on my short list along with the sv-211, 214 variants, 209/x9, x10 and a few others. Who knows, maybe I'll take the money and flip a house in the interim.

Ryan
08-06-2013, 05:58 PM
My son, hooking up for the last time.

Ryan
08-06-2013, 06:03 PM
It's done. Feels good. But still kinda like someone else dancing with my girlfriend.

GoneBoatN
08-07-2013, 01:45 AM
My son, hooking up for the last time.

Wow, that picture makes ya feel sad...