PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Anyone?

parks_jr_55
10-13-2005, 08:55 PM
Just got this in an e-mail.

It is somewhere outside of Eagle River, WI.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/vw_wr/deer1.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/vw_wr/deer2.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/vw_wr/deer3.jpg

Dan K
10-13-2005, 09:20 PM
No wonder I never see any deer when I go hunting, there all in eagle river.

6ballsisall
10-13-2005, 09:53 PM
Even a blind man could shoot one of them!

erkoehler
10-13-2005, 09:55 PM
It is especially fun when they are on the snowmobile trails, and they just run down the trail in front of the snowmobiles.

AirJunky
10-13-2005, 10:30 PM
It is especially fun when they are on the snowmobile trails, and they just run down the trail in front of the snowmobiles.
I was riding my enduro a few weeks ago, came around a corner & was staring face to face with a huge buck. No idea how many points, but he was taller than me and starin me down! One of my buddies thought he might have been an elk but didn't see him before he took off. :jumping: Not sure if that was fun or just freaky!

milkmania
10-14-2005, 08:13 AM
if you laid on the ground reaaaaallllllll low......

you could shoot like 12 of them... with one shot!!!:eek3:

oldschool84
10-14-2005, 10:02 AM

Two years ago me and 3 friends left for a day of riding in upper michigan, I was so excited to get riding that myself and one friend hit the main trail hard and fast leaving the two rookies to get use to their sleds, about five minutes into the trip a deer comes out on the trail and is making its way into the path of my sled. Trying not to panic i start in on the break and see that i am still catching this deer and catching her fast....What to do :confused: the more i break the more it lookes like we are heading to the same spot...so witha last ditch effort to not hit this deer i decide to power brake for a sec and then cut behind her and stand on the gas :steering: ...Well that worked when i cut the skies and gased it i also cut her back legs out from underneth her she whent for a tumble down and banking and i got past her on the left stoped and riped my helmet off and looked back her way. She jumped up looked back at me as to say Dang that was close and off she ran into the woods. The rest of the trip was pretty mild compared to how it started. Watch those DEER!!!! :eek3:

Upper Michigan Prostar190
10-14-2005, 10:43 AM
we used to feed deer like that at my parents cottage. it was fun to watch them. boy are they mean! they certainly have a pecking order. the strong eat, the weak dont. they make the weak ones wait to eat. So we would put many different piles of feed out so they would all get to eat. the thing is, once you start feeding them, you have to continue till spring. they get dependant on the food being there and its not right to stop mid winter, otherwise when the snow is so deep, they might not be able to find other food and could die.
But they are fun to watch :popcorn:

erkoehler
10-14-2005, 12:08 PM
Similar to the story above, my buddies and I were in the UP and were cruising down a railroad grade that was only maybe 1.5-2 car lanes wide, and I was in the lead. As we were going down this straight away, it was perfectly groomed flat, during the day, and there was no other traffic that I could see for the entire length of the trail. The trail was perfectly straight, so I hammer down on my F7 and watch the speedo fly pass 80, cruise through the 90's and the last time I looked down (very briefly) it was definetly 102!!!! Just as a looked up, I spotted a deer off to the right side of the trail, maybe 200 yards ahead. Our eyes met in those split seconds, and all I could think was you better not F'in move. I was going to be in serious shiznit if this deer came out in the trail and I hit it. Probably dead, at best critical condition with a totalled sled. As the gap between us narrows, the son of a ***** jumps out in the trail, nothing I can do now, so I moved all the way over to the left side of the trail and tried to squeeze through. The studip azz deer ran clear into the side of my sled, and then jumped back in to the woods. Luckily, I was able to keep it in a straight line, needless to say I stopped immediately and checked my pants :D I was scared ****less! :eek:

No damage done, and I went to the back of the pack and kept it under 50 for quite some time.

captkidd
10-17-2005, 05:39 PM
I'll bet that's really the North Pole and Santa's workshop is there in the back. Funny, I always imagined that it would be bigger.

Datdude
10-17-2005, 06:28 PM
I hit and killed a deer with my sled last Winter just north of Minocqua. I was riding with my insurance agent one Firday night(it pays to be friends with this guy :D ) and I came over the top of a hill and was in the process of grabbing a handful of gas(about 60 and accelerating fast) when I see a brown blur from my left. The deer luckily made it almost all the way in front of me and I hit its right rear with the right front of my sled. She spun around me and somehow missed me completely :confused: . I never lost control and pulled over on the side of the trail as my agent comes over behind me and stops next to me and asked if I saw the deer laying in the trail. I proceed to tell him that I hit it(with a few 4 letter words thrown in). I must have broken its back because it was trying to move and making some nasty noises. After about 5 minutes it died and we dragged it off the trail so nobody else hit it. When riding in Northern Wisconsin, you get used to seeing deer, and I have had a picture of what would happen if I actually hit one(the deer would come over the top and take me with it)in my mind, and luckily that was not the case. After this I prefer to be somewhere in the pack, and not at the front. Revs are pretty tough as it only did $1700 in damage. It all happened so fast I did not have a chance to crap my pants :D

Workin' 4 Toys
10-18-2005, 11:19 AM
I hit and killed a deer with my sled last Winter just north of Minocqua. I was riding with my insurance agent one Firday night(it pays to be friends with this guy :D ) and I came over the top of a hill and was in the process of grabbing a handful of gas(about 60 and accelerating fast) when I see a brown blur from my left. The deer luckily made it almost all the way in front of me and I hit its right rear with the right front of my sled. She spun around me and somehow missed me completely :confused: . I never lost control and pulled over on the side of the trail as my agent comes over behind me and stops next to me and asked if I saw the deer laying in the trail. I proceed to tell him that I hit it(with a few 4 letter words thrown in). I must have broken its back because it was trying to move and making some nasty noises. After about 5 minutes it died and we dragged it off the trail so nobody else hit it. When riding in Northern Wisconsin, you get used to seeing deer, and I have had a picture of what would happen if I actually hit one(the deer would come over the top and take me with it)in my mind, and luckily that was not the case. After this I prefer to be somewhere in the pack, and not at the front. Revs are pretty tough as it only did $1700 in damage. It all happened so fast I did not have a chance to crap my pants :D
And you didn't have dinner after that? Or at least make some jerky?