PDA

View Full Version : LED Lighting

SKI*MC
10-13-2005, 06:43 PM
ok i was looking on some websites for some LED lighting for the boat... and this is one of the sites i found

http://www.theledlight.com/light_bars.html
another site...

http://www.superbrightleds.com/mini_tubes.htm

i wonder if this would work in a boat and running off the battery?

Andyg
10-13-2005, 07:20 PM
I installed a ton of LEDs throughout my 197 this past spring. For the money and time to do it I don't think it is worth it. I think I spent about $350 on LEDs and it took me about 2 weeks to install them all. Granted I took my time and redid the wirinng a couple of times, but it is a lot of work.

I see you are in Slinger. If you want to see what they look like in a 197 feel free send me a PM and you can come over as I am only about 15 minutes south of you in Sussex.

AirJunky
10-13-2005, 07:26 PM
I installed rope lighting thruout my interior a couple of years ago. Due to the type of lighting, the install was less expensive & a lot easier to do. But I guess it's possible for large sections of the lights to go out at a time. So far, so good. Looks pretty cool at night and is perfect indirect lighting of the floor of the boat so you can see where your going. I only use the boat at night once in a while though. So like Andy said, it might be a lot of work for not much return.

BuoyChaser
10-13-2005, 08:00 PM
I installed a ton of LEDs throughout my 197 this past spring.

would luv to see some pics!!!

erkoehler
10-13-2005, 08:57 PM
Do you guys have any pictures of the rope lighting? Do you remember where you got them?

AirJunky
10-13-2005, 09:51 PM
I tried to take a pic of the lighting when it's on, but my camera sucks taking low light pics & I ended up with a shot of the dark.

I bought the stuff on Ebay, just looked up "12v rope light" & there's tons of it. Seems like I bought two 8' strands. Their hooked up thru the ACC2 switch & run down the length of both the gunnel pockets, under the driver's side dash & inside the passenger side storage.

sassydog
10-13-2005, 09:51 PM
you can also go with this stuff called Lytec. Its a type of ropelight that comes in various diameters and colors without the individual lights you see in a standard ropelight. the colored light is seamless. go to the 'contact' section of their web page at www.elam.co.il There's even pictures of a boat with these lights on them. you can also try www.coolight.com

SKI*MC
10-13-2005, 10:42 PM
yeah, that was brough up to me, when do we ever drive the boat at night... but i think that would look so awesome!

erkoehler
10-13-2005, 10:45 PM
We are usually out till or past dark once a week during the summer/early fall. Not for long, but the extra lights would be cool.

SKI*MC
10-13-2005, 10:53 PM
i just thought of a really awesoem place to put some, on our engince cover on the back of it, there is like a plastic plate and 4 square holes, put some LED's on the inside of the engine cover right above those holes.... oh man would that look awesome!