PDA

View Full Version : What comes with new boat purchase from Mastercraft?

pridnjoy
08-01-2013, 06:46 PM
We have a 2013 boat and other than the owner's manual and bill of sale from the dealer we did not get anything from Mastercraft. No "thanks for the purchase", no welcome to the family, no exclusive membership, nothing. Are we the only one, or does Mastercraft no longer value their customers with anything?

2010Prostar197
08-01-2013, 07:05 PM
Back in 2010 we got a care package (vinyl cleaner, seat cleaner etc) in a nice bucket. It came about 4 months after purchase.

Good question what they do now.

snork
08-01-2013, 07:06 PM
you'll enjoy the new MCOCD

thatsmrmastercraft
08-01-2013, 07:39 PM
I found a couple on craigslist last year. A guy had bought a second new boat in two years, then got transferred to a different location for his job and was trying to lighten the load. I got them cheap.

east tx skier
08-01-2013, 09:42 PM
Unless you were fortunate enough to be a cash buyer (I'm not asking), don't forget the lien. It's the gift that keeps on giving. They'll send you a thank you note once per month.

ttu
08-01-2013, 09:59 PM
I found a couple on craigslist last year. A guy had bought a second new boat in two years, then got transferred to a different location for his job and was trying to lighten the load. I got them cheap.

i got the detail kit also back in 07. pretty sure it has something to do when you send in the warranty card. if I remember it was about a month after that was sent in.

WVX14
08-01-2013, 10:23 PM
The previous owner of my boat got a Mastercraft padfolio full of stuff...owners manual for the boat, manuals for the engine, stereo, amp, trailer, etc. And the notepad had a prostrate watermark on each page.

WVX14
08-01-2013, 10:24 PM
Wow...I meant pro star. Auto correct.....

bsloop
08-01-2013, 10:25 PM
Congrats on a new purchase.
Not to be too condescending but a cleaning kit gets people that excited?

Go pick up a selection of 303 quart bottles and enjoy your new ride :rolleyes:

thatsmrmastercraft
08-02-2013, 12:02 AM
The previous owner of my boat got a Mastercraft padfolio full of stuff...owners manual for the boat, manuals for the engine, stereo, amp, trailer, etc. And the notepad had a prostrate watermark on each page.

Wow...I meant pro star. Auto correct.....

:uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

mzimme
08-02-2013, 12:36 AM

someone texting buddies about doctor referrals lately? ;)

WVX14
08-02-2013, 07:26 AM
someone texting buddies about doctor referrals lately? ;)

Guilty!

mustangtexas
08-02-2013, 07:54 AM
When I was a kid when we bought a new tractor you would get a riding mower free. Over the years the "gift" became a new shotgun or rifle then a baseball cap with a logo. This summer my cousin bought a new tractor that was just under $300,000 and got a receipt.

bbymgr
08-02-2013, 09:44 AM
You can thank Enron for that. Since Sarbanes-Oxley was enacted companies report EVERYTHING. You don't see as many "freebies" anymore.

thatsmrmastercraft
08-02-2013, 09:57 AM
Makes me think of when windshield replacement business got out of hand with the freebies. I once got a Weber Smokey Joe, 2 packs of No Name steaks...........and the worst freaking windshield ever. Worked out better when you would just get a good windshield.

2RLAKE
08-02-2013, 10:31 AM
They gave me a brand new Yukon Denali and well as free gas money for three years ... Think it was part of Obama's stimulus plan ... Very nice of them

TxsRiverRat
08-02-2013, 11:29 AM
They'll send you a thank you note once per month.

LMFAO!

jallen317
12-04-2013, 07:48 PM
We have a 2013 boat and other than the owner's manual and bill of sale from the dealer we did not get anything from Mastercraft. No "thanks for the purchase", no welcome to the family, no exclusive membership, nothing. Are we the only one, or does Mastercraft no longer value their customers with anything?

I would say that's the dealers responsibility. I bought a 96 PS 205 and my dealer took excellent care of me before, during and after the purchase. Just my 2 cents

H2ORidr
12-05-2013, 02:00 PM
When I was a kid when we bought a new tractor you would get a riding mower free. Over the years the "gift" became a new shotgun or rifle then a baseball cap with a logo. This summer my cousin bought a new tractor that was just under $300,000 and got a receipt.

A few years back my brother bought a really big Kubota tractor for his firewood business. When it was delivered they brought along a really nice tweaked out Kubota RTV and said "this is your's too!" My brother was all smiles and giggles for weeks until he found out that while he was buying the tractor, his wife was telling the owner of the dealership "if he buys that tractor I had better get an RTV or so help me I will drown you the next time you are fishing with us." (the owner of the dealership is a good friend and hunting/fishing buddy of both of them). Apparently, it looks like the RTV was added as some kind of accessory to the tractor on the paperwork and so it got lumped into the main bill. :uglyhamme

My sister in law is a very cleaver lady. She ALWAYS gets her way.

scott023
12-05-2013, 02:04 PM
A few years back my brother bought a really big Kubota tractor for his firewood business. When it was delivered they brought along a really nice tweaked out Kubota RTV and said "this is your's too!" My brother was all smiles and giggles for weeks until he found out that while he was buying the tractor, his wife was telling the owner of the dealership "if he buys that tractor I had better get an RTV or so help me I will drown you the next time you are fishing with us." (the owner of the dealership is a good friend and hunting/fishing buddy of both of them). Apparently, it looks like the RTV was added as some kind of accessory to the tractor on the paperwork and so it got lumped into the main bill. :uglyhamme

My sister in law is a very cleaver lady. She ALWAYS gets her way.

Ewwwww. That's a low blow.

neil.anderson63
12-05-2013, 02:13 PM
2005, We got a team Mastercraft T-shirt, bottle opener, coozie, hitch plug and 1 year subscription to some sort of Mastercraft magazine.

FourFourty
12-05-2013, 02:23 PM
I got a care package a few months ago, for my 2013 XStar purchase. It included a throttle knob with my name and the production number for the boat, A MasterCraft hat, a poster of all the pro riders, the XStar production video, and a $400.00 Nixon watch.

They were really late in sending it. The summer was over. With that said, it was a hell of a care package.....

scott023
12-05-2013, 02:31 PM
I got a care package a few months ago, for my 2013 XStar purchase. It included a throttle knob with my name and the production number for the boat, A MasterCraft hat, a poster of all the pro riders, the XStar production video, and a $400.00 Nixon watch.

They were really late in sending it. The summer was over. With that said, it was a hell of a care package.....

Dang, that's a great package. We got a boat care package (vinyl cleaner etc) with our boat. Seems to be a wide range of options for these care packages.

Stefan
12-05-2013, 03:11 PM
It included a throttle knob with my name and the production number for the boat

that's something I'd love to see, only if you don't mind ;-)

FourFourty
12-05-2013, 03:15 PM
that's something I'd love to see, only if you don't mind ;-)

But, that would put my name on the interwebz!! haha.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e183/edutil/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsd3f67227.jpg

scott023
12-05-2013, 04:07 PM
That's tight. Lucky guy.

h2oskifreak
12-05-2013, 04:07 PM
If you got the KEYS, that's all you really need, Right?

CBRENT
12-05-2013, 04:40 PM
With my new boat purchase I got a CWB surf board. From the dealer not MC of course.

Towboatcapt
12-06-2013, 09:14 AM

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e183/edutil/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsd3f67227.jpg

I want that hat!! Anyone know where I can get one?
Without buying a new xstar!

scott023
12-06-2013, 12:07 PM
I want that hat!! Anyone know where I can get one?
Without buying a new xstar!

You can get the Nixon at any watch store. ;)

bjames
12-06-2013, 12:23 PM
For my previous 2 boats I purchased brand new, I got a long list of warranty items :D

Seriously, all I got was the expected stuff; Documentation package in a portfolio and a receipt showing how much money I had the day before.

I not sure, but I wonder if the gifts people have been receiving have been initiated by the dealer - because there doesnt seem to be consistancy.

Waterskibum
12-06-2013, 12:24 PM
They gave me a brand new Yukon Denali and well as free gas money for three years ... Think it was part of Obama's stimulus plan ... Very nice of them

Very nice stimulus plan ;)

swatguy
12-06-2013, 12:28 PM
The care packages vary because dealerships vary. Most of the time the packages are put together by your dealer who is in essence "hustling" for you working to get some swag. Some dealers have more to offer than others simply because they may do more volume or have stronger relationship to to the factory or have some stuff laying around.

Not to single out 44 but he's pretty much dropped a new boat every year iirc. You start to build a relationship and things start falling in place. People take notice,again usually due to the dealership going the extra mile and making some calls. Some places just pull items from their stock and make it a " package".

Hence the wide variation. The only thing u are guaranteed is the keys , paperwork, and the memories.

scott023
12-06-2013, 12:50 PM
For my previous 2 boats I purchased brand new, I got a long list of warranty items :D

Seriously, all I got was the expected stuff; Documentation package in a portfolio and a receipt showing how much money I had the day before.

I not sure, but I wonder if the gifts people have been receiving have been initiated by the dealer - because there doesnt seem to be consistancy.

I think it is dealer driven. Hard to believe MMS chooses not to do anything...

CottagerGreg
12-06-2013, 01:32 PM
Can I buy the watch off you? Does it say xstar on it?

mikeg205
12-06-2013, 01:51 PM

Glad we could all help ya ;) :D....

FourFourty
12-06-2013, 02:19 PM
Can I buy the watch off you? Does it say xstar on it?

IIRC, it has "MasterCraft XStar" and the production number, engraved into the back cover. Nothing special about the front.....

Not really interested in selling it.

Jerseydave
12-06-2013, 06:17 PM

Was that all from MC or your dealer? Who was your dealer? Just curious, but I hear the guys at NEFWM are great to deal with.

FourFourty
12-06-2013, 07:16 PM
Was that all from MC or your dealer? Who was your dealer? Just curious, but I hear the guys at NEFWM are great to deal with.

It was all from MC.

My dealer is Castaway Marina, and I am pretty sure I will never buy a boat elsewhere again. Above and beyond, the best sales and service I have dealt with on any type of vehicle related transaction.

JohnE
12-06-2013, 08:23 PM
It was all from MC.

My dealer is Castaway Marina, and I am pretty sure I will never buy a boat elsewhere again. Above and beyond, the best sales and service I have dealt with on any type of vehicle related transaction.

I didn't realize you are in New England until this post. Thought you were in Meechugun for some strange reason. I've heard good things about Castaway.

Jerseydave
12-06-2013, 11:19 PM
I didn't realize you are in New England until this post. Thought you were in Meechugun for some strange reason. I've heard good things about Castaway.

Good people at Castaway.....they have been hosting the Northeast reunion for the past several years (I only made it to the first one, hopefully they will continue hosting though).
I wish they would open a 2nd location for me here in NJ.

Stefan
12-07-2013, 06:13 AM

Whhhoooha that looks great!

DHPRO
12-07-2013, 06:37 AM
I must admit the little welcome packages like owners only hats...etc, are a nice touch and fairly easy promos when you just dropped twice the national avg income on a toy. That said, margins today aren't what they used to be on new items - except trucks! The little things really do make a difference though and are amazing good promoting customer satisfaction and loyalty.