PDA

View Full Version : Stock 03 Clarion and burned CDs

Burdhntr
07-31-2013, 10:19 AM
Okay. Boat is new to me this year, so I haven't really begun to think about replacing stereo/cd player (must...have...aux...jack). Previous owner had burned CDs they listened to, but I can't play the ones I burn from my iTunes list (Microsoft conspiracy?) Im getting sick of listening to a scratched Black Keys album repeatedly.

clrussell
07-31-2013, 10:26 AM
Your iTunes won't let you burn CDs? Or your boat won't play iTunes burnt CDs and some other CD player will?

hondaprlud
07-31-2013, 10:39 AM
Without further info I would guess that you are burning music in the M4A format that iTunes uses or MP3 and the CD player won't play it. you may need to convert to a .wav file.

TxsRiverRat
07-31-2013, 11:26 AM
Okay. Boat is new to me this year, so I haven't really begun to think about replacing stereo/cd player (must...have...aux...jack). Previous owner had burned CDs they listened to, but I can't play the ones I burn from my iTunes list (Microsoft conspiracy?) Im getting sick of listening to a scratched Black Keys album repeatedly.

Why blame MS? It's Apple that are the communists... incompatible formats, control the transfers through proprietary software, no external storage, and the list goes on.

If your stereo has MP3 capability, you probably can play MP3, WMV and WMAs.

But blame apple and that virus of a program itunes, not MS.

helton333
07-31-2013, 12:36 PM
I found on my wifes car, burning at a slower (16x) speed will work, burning faster will not - may want to try it.

Burdhntr
07-31-2013, 02:41 PM
Rat-
Haha! You a MS employee?!!

TxsRiverRat
07-31-2013, 03:46 PM
Rat-
Haha! You a MS employee?!!

Nope, but I work in an MS environment, and Apples limitations and controls just tick me off :)