PDA

View Full Version : Cover Sports cover for 94 Maristar 225

maristardd
07-30-2013, 11:43 PM
Finally got my new CoverSports Pro Cover from Brent Fleming (http://www.cover-sports.com/theprocover.html) - its awesome! No straps to the trailer. Its tensioned to rear of boat and has a few hidden rub rail hooks - all snug and tight. Very slick.

When I originally talked to Brent last year, he said my Maristar was a model year older than he had patterns for - he has the 98 Maristar/Xstar onward. I'm NorCal so too far (for me) to lug my boat up to Washington for him to make a new pattern. So he said if I was up to it, he'd work with me on having me do the pattern remotely. Cool!

Here's a few pics, reverse order of that process
- Final Cover - Hurrah!
- Test Fit (it's inside out), cutting holes for tower locations
- Getting slack out of pattern, area's where Brent wanted seams and pleats
- Centering pattern (done to half of boat)
- Starting pattern, initial drape (fiberglass reinforced tarp)

I'm glad he took the time to work with me to get my old Mastercraft a top flight cover, thanks Brent! ... and if you have a 93-95 Maristar 225 and need a cover, well, there you go, he's got a pattern now :-)

east tx skier
07-31-2013, 02:48 PM
Excellent cover. I am on my fifth or so season with mine. It has held up brilliantly.

Traxx822
07-31-2013, 03:03 PM
Looks great. Nice work on the template.

I wanted a stretch on cover like that. But I have the same style maristar you do, and since I leave mine in the water it was impossible to do like that without the cover being ruined. Hope you don't have to ever leave it in the water overnight or it will be uncovered.

Congrats, looks good.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

maristardd
07-31-2013, 04:34 PM
> Hope you don't have to ever leave it in the water overnight

No, just day trips to the water for us, unfortunately. Far TOO much time parked in front of my house or in warehouse inside storage - maybe someday we'll have something on the water where I can worry about problem like that :-)

But seriously, good point, thanks on the heads up, I hadn't thought about that.

Whalenjf
12-27-2013, 02:57 PM
An old thread, but Maristardd I wanted to say thank you for templating this cover for Brent, I just received the cover for my Maristar 225VRS and it is an amazing piece! Check out my thread if you'd like to see some pictures :toast:

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=55218&page=5

maristardd
12-27-2013, 03:12 PM
Awesome, I'm glad! It's worked out really well for us!

The only thing that I missed giving Brent was the location of our pylon center of boat to maybe add a double thickness of fabric at that point, since the fabric as its stretches will sag to just touch that. But he just said to put a sock on the pylon, which works just fine :-)

Just saw your thread - looks great!

Whalenjf
12-27-2013, 03:24 PM
Awesome, I'm glad! It's worked out really well for us!

The only thing that I missed giving Brent was the location of our pylon center of boat to maybe add a double thickness of fabric at that point, since the fabric as its stretches will sag to just touch that. But he just said to put a sock on the pylon, which works just fine :-)

Just saw your thread - looks great!

Thanks a lot, it's needed a new cover for so long and I finally pulled the trigger on this one. When I added all the equivalent options to the skiboatcovers.com cover it came out more expensive than the Cover Sports one so it was a no brainer to give the job to Brent. How did you attach the tension straps in the back? Brent talked about doing a bar between eyelets and we just might try that. Right now the straps are just looped around the grab handles on the back of the boat.

Oh and I removed the center pylon since we only wakeboard and surf.

JohnE
12-27-2013, 03:40 PM
I'm waiting for a cover from Brent as we speak. Can't wait to get it. It was supposed to have shipped last Saturday.

maristardd
12-27-2013, 03:40 PM
I thought about a bar since no good spot for the center strap, but then I just did a 'triangle' - having strap go to left grab bar, then right one, then back to buckle, and that seems to work just fine, no need for a bar.

The far left/right ones I normally just do to grab rail as in picture, but I've also done that as triangle from grab bar to lift ring and back to buckle, which gives a little bit straighter back pull for those two.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/28/azytuper.jpg

Whalenjf
12-27-2013, 04:04 PM
I'm waiting for a cover from Brent as we speak. Can't wait to get it. It was supposed to have shipped last Saturday.

He must have been working on yours at the same time he was working on mine. You won't be disappointed :dance: I ordered it the first week of September and just received it December 14th. He had to ship it cross country and I had to test fit and mark tower holes and ship it back so it took a little longer haha.

I thought about a bar since no good spot for the center strap, but then I just did a 'triangle' - having strap go to left grab bar, then right one, then back to buckle, and that seems to work just fine, no need for a bar.

The far left/right ones I normally just do to grab rail as in picture, but I've also done that as triangle from grab bar to lift ring and back to buckle, which gives a little bit straighter back pull for those two.

Mine being the V-drive version I see that the center tow hook is angled differently and I actually got mine to loop around the hook which is a nice straight shot back. Currently I have the outer attachment points on the lift rings but I've done it both ways and I can't decide which way works better. Neither is a straight shot backwards but both work just fine haha. Here's a picture from the test fitting of the cover back a couple months ago.

maristardd
12-27-2013, 04:48 PM
I'm waiting for a cover from Brent as we speak. Can't wait to get it. ...

It's almost like being a kid waiting for xmas :) Congratulations!

JohnE
12-27-2013, 05:19 PM
It's almost like being a kid waiting for xmas :) Congratulations!

I can't wait. I placed the order near the deadline for the year and have been waiting a while. Brent has been great with communication though.

ahhudgins
12-27-2013, 07:23 PM
I have the 200VRS but it has the same style platform. My boat stays in the water the whole weekend so I had a cover made that is out of the water over night. I decided to go with a drawstring that stays under the rub rail and a row of snaps across the stern. The drawstring does get wet, but it keeps the cover snug. There is a flap that covers the platform once the cover is snapped in place. Need to replace one snap already.:(

c_craig
12-27-2013, 07:47 PM
Also waiting on a new cover for the '93 S&S from Brent. Can't wait. It will be a huge upgrade for this summer.