PDA

View Full Version : New prop looks like its going to hit the trailer!

Fishnhunt
07-30-2013, 11:07 PM
Got a new acme 4 blade for my 89 power slot. It looks like the prop is going to hit the trailer if I don't float it on and off. I hate not being able to drive the boat on, hook it up and go. I don't like the bar and now I have the trailer in so far it's a pain in the a&$. Any help appreciated.

thatsmrmastercraft
07-30-2013, 11:08 PM
Have you taken any pics?

FrankSchwab
07-30-2013, 11:13 PM
I can't imagine that the new prop is significantly bigger than the old one. I agree, need pics and more info.

clrussell
07-31-2013, 06:59 AM
Got a new acme 4 blade for my 89 power slot. It looks like the prop is going to hit the trailer if I don't float it on and off. I hate not being able to drive the boat on, hook it up and go. I don't like the bar and now I have the trailer in so far it's a pain in the a&$. Any help appreciated.

My 90 190 power slot with a 4 blade looks very close as well. But I never drive mind on or off. I'll grab a pic of mine when I get home from the gym. I've never hit my trailer with the prop, but I think I have had the prop drag or something when backing into my driveway and there is a spot that gets between my prop guard. Since I just got my prop refurbished I'm gonna make a skid plate for between the center two bars of the prop guard

clrussell
07-31-2013, 08:18 AM

Fishnhunt
07-31-2013, 10:54 AM
Can someone tell me how to post pics please

Traxx822
07-31-2013, 10:58 AM
Click on Go advanced below and hit the button that looks like a paperclip. Browse the file you need and then make sure to hit upload or it will not put it in.

Then type your response and hit submit. If you uploaded the photo, it will appear in your response.

Fishnhunt
07-31-2013, 11:10 AM
Test pics

thatsmrmastercraft
07-31-2013, 11:11 AM
Test pics
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=98615&stc=1&d=1375283307

Success :toast:

Fishnhunt
07-31-2013, 11:16 AM
Clrussel my prop looks just like yours. Do you drive your boat on the trailer? I'm afraid it will hit loading it v

clrussell
07-31-2013, 11:23 AM
Clrussel my prop looks just like yours. Do you drive your boat on the trailer? I'm afraid it will hit loading it v

No I float mine on 99% of the time. I think you can drive it on as long as the trailer is deep enough. It's been drove on a couple times with no problems. But I know the previous owner hit the trailer with the original prop. So it's just mainly different ramps

d2jp
07-31-2013, 11:27 AM

Mine hit the trailer prop guard once when loading. Lake level was below normal, trailer as deep as I could get it. Wife added some power to drive it on ('cause there is no way to winch with the old schoo bar/winch combo) and it hit 3+ times. It knocked the paint off of the trailer but no prop damage that I could see or feel.

Mine has also hit when trailering backing up. Three blade 14/18 OJ Legend original. Backing trailer over rough surface, one blade was exactly vertical and hit a large rock that was sticking up. I heard this, and stopped. It tweaked the end of the blade. I heated the blade some, got out a metal-working dolly and hammer and straightened it up. Now I always make sure I don't have a blade at 90 degrees up/down when backing up. My Land Rover has air suspension in the rear. I'd love something like this for my trailer:)

Ajborel@msn.com
07-31-2013, 12:09 PM
Most Mastercraft trailers were designed to drive on. When you put trailer in to deep you loose the benefit of the bunks to guide the boat on the trailer. When the bunks support the boat the prop will not hit the trailer start out with the front of the fenders above the water level. Ramp angle is the variable you can't control with my 205 I can see the front of the bunks out of the water the boat comes out strait prop never hits the trailer I whinch the last few feet