PDA

View Full Version : Gasnk removal

JayBrown
07-30-2013, 06:35 PM
I need to remove my gas tank to get at the mufflers where water is leaking in the boat and was wondering how hard it is and any tips would be great. Also the gas guage is not working if anyone knows where I should start or hoe to check it would also be Great!!:confused:
Thanks

mastercraft29
07-30-2013, 07:11 PM
Pretty easy to remove tank just pull the back pannel and its right there on mine anyway, I would imagine they are similar.. I had a problem a few years back with the fuel tank sender it was made of like bamboo and over time disenigrated into the gas so if u replace it make sure to get a rubber one or somethin of that sort

thatsmrmastercraft
07-30-2013, 10:24 PM
Pretty simple job. The hose from the tank neck to the filler neck can be a bit stubborn but no big deal. cover the tank neck with duct tape as soon as it is uncovered so you don't get crud in the tank.

JayBrown
07-30-2013, 10:42 PM
Will do the boat is up north right now and I was thinking if I pull it out to put new gas line on it, What size line should I pick up that im in the city?

johnnye23
07-31-2013, 07:06 AM
I just removed my fuel tank a couple weeks ago it was not hard and hopefully your tank is not full. It may help if you take a marker and put a line on the filler hose to the tank to mark orientation to make reassembly easier .

maxpower220
07-31-2013, 09:27 AM
Try this when you are almost out of gas. Nothing like moving a tank filled with gas.