PDA

View Full Version : Need help with ballast electical issue!

kevkan
07-30-2013, 03:32 PM
2008 X-1, all factory ballast. Saturday my center ballast would fill, but not empty. Before trailering I had disconnect hoses and manually drain bag into bilge. Back home, I tested it and I could hear the pump "pop" when I first flipped the switch. It sounded like it was bound up, so I removed the impellor. Impellor isn't broken. With no impellor, I flipped switch and motor spun. When I tried it again, nothing.

I don't even know if my X-1 has timers. I just filled till it ran out the side, and drained till it looked empty.

Any ideas on where to start diagnosing?

onewheat
07-30-2013, 03:45 PM
For a quick check to see if it is the motor - swap motors with one of your rear tanks and if the problem moves with the motor, it's the motor. If the problem stays where it was, start looking at electrical problems - timers, relays, etc.

kevkan
08-01-2013, 01:32 AM
Think I will check if there is 12 volts getting to pump motor first. Can anyone tell me, does an 08 X-1 have timers on the ballast pumps?

JRW160
08-01-2013, 01:25 PM
What color are the impellers? The green ones work best. I had trouble with one of my pumps when I had the black impellers. It would not reverse directions without manually removing the impeller and switching the directions of the fins.

I think the timers started in 2007, so your boat probably has the ballast timers.