PDA

View Full Version : Cruise control

psbudz
07-30-2013, 11:12 AM
Cruise Control doesn't seem to be working on my boat. Spent a good hour + trying to get it to work with just me on the boat and no ballast.

I do everyting the manual said to the tee and seems like there is a disconect between the controls and the engine.

What does it mean when the control says "PULL", it's not in the manual.

Short of getting PP, what are my options?

Skyskiguy
07-30-2013, 01:16 PM
Cruise Control doesn't seem to be working on my boat. Spent a good hour + trying to get it to work with just me on the boat and no ballast.

I do everyting the manual said to the tee and seems like there is a disconect between the controls and the engine.

What does it mean when the control says "PULL", it's not in the manual.

Short of getting PP, what are my options?

Been there, done that. Never could get the MC Cruise to work in my '06 consistently. You won't find anything about "PULL" in any of MC's literature. Installed PP StarGazer and problems solved! Sorry, I know that's not what you wanted to hear. I wasn't what I wanted either. I was hoping MC could figure out how to flash the ECM with an update/fix from Indmar to resolve it but that just didn't pan out. Some people who have MC Cruise claim it works great - mine never did.

onewheat
07-30-2013, 03:51 PM
Our MasterCruise worked great in our '07. I never saw "Pull" on a readout anywhere, so I have no ideas on that. Is '06 the same as '07? We just turned it on, set the speed (Speed Mode) and accelerated to that point and the MC took over. I played with RPM Mode a little and it was about the same. I never did figure out what "Manual" mode was though.

mark g
07-30-2013, 04:04 PM
mastercraft cruise works fine on my 05 197, have read on this site sometime ago regarding the "pull" read out, as skyskiguy says it seems to work fine for some and others have no joy.
for info used to have pp pro on my old 190 was going to upgrade the cruise when i bought the 197 but as i said it works fine so no need to upgrade, hope you can get it sorted out.

CantRepeat
07-30-2013, 05:00 PM
Same with my 06 X30, RPM based work a little better then MPH mode but neither were all that great. With PP SG you can just set the speed and smash the throttle down and forget it. It was the single best upgrade I did.

The other nice thing about is the stored profiles. I've got them for surf, wakeboard and ski. Turn it on select the activity and go.

Traxx822
07-30-2013, 05:24 PM
I can't wait to be a part of this club. I just got my PP SG installed today. Haven't seen it or tried it yet. Will be very very soon though. Can't wait to get down to the river and try it out.