PDA

View Full Version : Opinion: restore to original or more modern looking?

Fishnhunt
07-29-2013, 03:22 PM
I have a 89 prostar that has some fiberglass damage. I am having it redone sept 1. Should I go back with original style and decals or make it look more modern? What would you do?

thatsmrmastercraft
07-29-2013, 03:25 PM
Post up some pics to see where you are at. You could go more modern or go retro and do a stars & stripes look.

chriscraftmatt1976
07-29-2013, 03:29 PM
One of my buddies just painted and restored a tri star, put on a nice looking tower, more of a modern look. I think it came out great.

TxsRiverRat
07-29-2013, 03:49 PM
Modern all the way

My 93 modernized inside:

http://s10.postimg.org/f12cgx961/IMG_20130409_00522.jpg

MikeyOrange88
07-29-2013, 05:37 PM
I have a 89 prostar that has some fiberglass damage. I am having it redone sept 1. Should I go back with original style and decals or make it look more modern? What would you do?

Some of the projects others have done that modernize the look and functions of the older boats really look outstanding. Certainly, upgrading the interior finishes doesn't detract, IMHO. As far as the badging goes, its been all over, from less is more, to new graphics altogether, which doesn't bother me.
I would refrain however, from 'going back' and tacking on what is now a 'classic' stars and stripe motif, down the sides of that year boat. Just sayin', it doesn't feel right to me. I think you were really suggesting more modern anyway.

Towers on the Prostar 190, now that is another argument. Most don't seem to mind them so much on the Tristar however.

As requested, my opinions only.

Fishnhunt
07-29-2013, 05:41 PM
I am trying to get my kids to post a few before pics. I am leaning towards a new paint scheme and am definitely going to make the inside look modern.