PDA

View Full Version : 2009 XStar Cover Options, Snap Down?

bjames
07-29-2013, 01:04 PM
Looking at getting a second cover, partially for backup.

Option 1 - Get a replacement OEM mourring cover but take it to an upholstry place to add better flaps around tower mounts and add flaps to cleat openings. This is to reduce the amolunt of rainwater & dust that enters the boat.

Option 2 - Get a cockpit snap down cover (already have a snap down bow cover we use a lot). This would act as a simple easy cover to use in good conditions for quick "throw it up, snap her down" uses. The original mouring cover would still be modified to add neopreme boots around tower openings and flaps over the cleats. In the winter, I would use both covers to cover the boat.

My Moomba had the snap down cover and it was extreamly fast to throw on, AND it doesnt damage/scratch the gell coat. The lamination on my wrap is pulling under the bow tips due to the angular pressure the wrap exhibits.

BTW, I never trailer with the cover on. Sometime I trailer with only the bow cover, but not with the main cover.

bjames
07-29-2013, 09:05 PM
:popcorn:

Oh, and drillinig the additional holes doesnt bother me. Already did it up front.

Jerseydave
07-29-2013, 09:26 PM
I wish I had a snap down cover on my star. I never cover mine for travel but it would be nice to keep road dirt/dust, pollen out of the interior plus less sun damage to the vinyl. It would be the only cover I need since my boat lives indoors when not in use.

Have you checked www.skiboatcovers.com? I hear they make good covers.

DBrown2
07-29-2013, 09:36 PM
Apexcanvas makes the factory covers both snap and full. I have a snap and at first dudnt like the snap look all over my X Star but now the function is nice. When I dock I throw it own and I do tow with it just minus the suspension rods installed. I still want a full cover for the winter just to keep dust off... mine is stored indoors and climate control and still gets dusty.
I am thinking off adding to the snap a simple longer flap to cover transom.