PDA

View Full Version : I really like the shape of this year X-star

MariStar-Man
07-29-2013, 12:11 PM
Is there any reason I should get the x-star as apposed to the X-45 same year's?

The other one I really like is the 4oth anniversary. same hull?

bjames
07-29-2013, 12:20 PM
^ 2nd that :) I really love the shape/profile of the '03-11 Xstar. Im still not sure if I like the new X star styling, for me its too much a departure from the classic MC look.

The 2 X Stars above should be exactly the same in terms of hull, shape and outline. The only main difference in appearence is the tower. The top (looks like a 2005ish - someone can correct me) had the old tower that was eventually changed to the lightling bolt shape tower in 2007.

The 40th Aniversary edition IMO is still one of the best looking Stars out there.

The '03-'11 X Star IMO is still the sleekest looking MC boat (appart from the pro-star). :)

bjames
07-29-2013, 12:24 PM
For comparing the Star to a X45, is like comparing apples to oranges. They are both different boats with completely different hulls. The X45 is a larger boat that has way more room inside - great for bringing a lot of family/friends on board. The Xstar is design purely for wakeboarding and is not as roomy inside as many other 22 foot boats. Depending on what you want in a boat, they each offer something different.

snork
07-29-2013, 05:22 PM
green XStar is a 2004

DBrown2
07-29-2013, 06:00 PM
Yep its a 04... Maristar... I made the jump from a 01 X10/Maristar 210 to my 05 X Star. The interior is more roomy, and my passengers love the bow seating.

When looking at upgrading I looked at exactly the same boats you are... X45 at a glance looks similiar but is way different. It will hold and sit more people alot better, plus you get the walk thru sundeck area. Your motor options pending years you will find mostly Big Block, all my research said do not get the MCX in a X45 way to under powered.

I took both for test drives, and settled on the XStar simply due to the looks. I couldnt find a X45 optioned the way I would like. I wanted Big Block, Trim Tabs, Lights, and Sound and really could use more space due to family and friends size. All the 45's I found screamed Family boat going down the river.

The 45 was much different in docking, turning, and handle than what I was use too.

The XStar handles very close with the exception of setting the boat down... you do it to quick and the nose will dive hard, and if waves are rolling you are taking them on inside the boat.

Surf Wake factory is better in the 45, than the Star... But with a little forum research and Instagram stalking I have tweeked my surf wake to something I consider very nice and useable. Is the wake a G23 wake or the new 55... NO but my boat wasnt designed really for surfing nor really any boat back in 05.

Lastly the 45 was in the end to big for my Storage Space, and my Truck.