PDA

View Full Version : Santa Fe

shepherd
10-13-2005, 12:46 AM
I'm going to Sante Fe, New Mexico in mid November. Too early for snow skiing. Probably too late for waterskiing. Right? If so, does anybody have any suggestions on what to do. I'm just asking because you guys gave me some good advice on San Diego last month...

Thrall
10-13-2005, 12:03 PM
Too late to see the fall leaves. Proably too early to ski at Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Taos, or Angel Fire. Red River, or Wolf Creek may be open by then (especially Wolf Creek, 3+ hr drive though). Snow does look pretty promising though, 2-3' at WOlf Creek pass already, and a little snow in the Jemez and Sangre de Cristos mountains(in NM).
Santa Fe has a very historic downtown, and lots of nice architecture, and historic Southwest buildings. Taos is another historic SW town about 1-1/2 hrs north. Or take a drive anywhere up in the mountains, very scenic.

tex
10-13-2005, 02:30 PM
Spend a lot of money!

shepherd
10-14-2005, 01:28 PM
Spend a lot of money!

OK, I'm sure I will!!!! :toast:

tex
10-14-2005, 02:50 PM
it is one expensive little town!

MasterCrafting
10-19-2005, 08:38 PM
Um...do you rock climb? You could go water skiing if you were hard core, only problem is, there really arnt that many lakes out there...Snow skiing isnt going to happen, Santa Fe opened in mid december last year (i think) and Sandia Peak opened in late december, for the first time in two years...