PDA

View Full Version : 2013 6.0 engine surging

Nick911
07-24-2013, 11:35 PM
Noticed tonight my 2013 X25 with the 6.0L was surging a bit while on cruise. I lifted the plate and it stopped for a bit, then came back almost worst. It was an RPM surge and the boat had a hard time holding the speed (though it did but surfed .3 MPH either way (which is lots for the Zero Off).

Boat has 65 hours, first time it's done it.
Also noticed after only having 2-3 screen freezes before today, had 2 today alone, once while it was surging.

Thoughts?

mikeg205
07-25-2013, 12:02 AM
warranty---

Nick911
07-25-2013, 03:50 AM
Hmmmmm ran smoothly the rest of the evening. No engine codes showing. You'd think something mechanical that would cause surging would throw a code.

Lucky26
07-25-2013, 06:15 AM
Noticed tonight my 2013 X25 with the 6.0L was surging a bit while on cruise. I lifted the plate and it stopped for a bit, then came back almost worst. It was an RPM surge and the boat had a hard time holding the speed (though it did but surfed .3 MPH either way (which is lots for the Zero Off).

Boat has 65 hours, first time it's done it.
Also noticed after only having 2-3 screen freezes before today, had 2 today alone, once while it was surging.

Thoughts?

My 13 X25 does the same thing. It is not a mechanical thing as it does not do it when cruise is off. I have been told that there are cruise settings, but have not been able to access them. On 12 boats you could use rpms instead of knots for cruise, maybe that will alleviate the surge until you bring it to dealer. My screen locked up twice, but never coincided with surge. My lock ups happen when I am making changes and pushing too many buttons at once.

Mastercraft13
07-25-2013, 08:05 AM
My 13 X25 does the same thing. It is not a mechanical thing as it does not do it when cruise is off. I have been told that there are cruise settings, but have not been able to access them. On 12 boats you could use rpms instead of knots for cruise, maybe that will alleviate the surge until you bring it to dealer. My screen locked up twice, but never coincided with surge. My lock ups happen when I am making changes and pushing too many buttons at once.

X2 here also, was going to see what software version I have and reach out to my dealer to see if there is an upgrade. I saw on another posting that someone got a software upgrade and it eliminated all problems.

Nick911
07-25-2013, 09:12 AM
Good to know thanks will call dealer today.

N

Bambamski1
07-25-2013, 09:20 AM
I'm at 60 hours and haven't noticed a surge. My screen hasn't locked up for a while nowbut what has happened is the GPS goes all wonky. Will read 3 mph shoot up to 90 mph back down and all around ect ect. Obviously if the perfect pass is on the boat really doesn't work at all. Turning the batteries off and rebooting fixes the issue. It just sucks when you have to do that and there's a rider sitting in the water waiting for you.