PDA

View Full Version : Riding behind Tristar 190

homer12
07-24-2013, 10:46 PM
I'm trying to figure a couple things out about my speed and rope length. Anyone ride behind a Tristar 190 and can let me know what speed and length they go at? Currently I'm at 23 and 75'. Someone recommended that I go shorter on the rope, but I like having the extra distance to go wake to wake.

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
07-24-2013, 11:28 PM
I'm trying to figure a couple things out about my speed and rope length. Anyone ride behind a Tristar 190 and can let me know what speed and length they go at? Currently I'm at 23 and 75'. Someone recommended that I go shorter on the rope, but I like having the extra distance to go wake to wake.

We typically do 21mph@60 ft. with usually 3-4 people for ballast, no bags on my tristar. But I am no way near intermediate skill level, but my bil is pretty good and likes this combination.

homer12
07-25-2013, 08:44 AM
Thanks for the input. I intend to ride a little shorter tonight and we'll see. I don't really want to lose that much speed though because it feels like edging into the wake takes so much longer. I'll report back.

bcd
07-25-2013, 09:09 AM
With that boat, your probably going to need 75' of rope to get a wide enough wake going 23 mph. You can slow down and go with a shorter line (makes crashes hurt a little less), or there's nothing wrong keeping 75'. The longer line gives you a little more cutout distance and allows you to get more speed/load the line more on your approach.

I don't like going any slower than 22 mph because going slower feels like it takes a lot more time to get my board up out of the water when I start edging towards the wake. Now that I'm used to 22+, any slower doesn't feel right.

johnlanguab
07-25-2013, 04:10 PM
I ride 19mph @ 60' behind my Barefoot 190 (Tristar with big block). I can clear the wake at 65' but anything longer gets tough.

Behind other boats I ride a little faster, but on my boat, that speed seems about right.

I've had 6 people in the boat and 1 person in the boat; I've not seen a substantial difference in the wake either way.

MI_Corey
07-25-2013, 04:30 PM
Try 70' @ 22mph. Sometimes I'll do 65' @ 21 when trying new stuff but most of the time I like 70'.

homer12
07-26-2013, 12:17 AM
Well, I rode at about 23mph on 65' of line. The wake is pretty narrow there, but I like the pop on that part of the wake. I rode without weight and only a couple people. I think once I weight it some (have a 700# sac for rear and bow sac) the wake will get nicer further back on the rope.