PDA

View Full Version : Mastercrafts on Lake Michigan (IL/IN)

Tristar Racing
07-24-2013, 12:25 PM
Does anyone boat on Lake Michigan ever, or seen any other MCs? The reason I ask is the last two times I went out there on another persons boat, I saw two fairly unique MCs.

The first one was a v-drive 2nd gen xstar without a tower. It was white and red, and I saw no indicators that a tower had ever been on the boat. Must be an early '99?

The one I saw this past week really blew me away, it was a 1st gen Xstar DD with the typical green gel coat seen on those boats. I was too far away to see the condition of it.

So has anyone else seen these two? Or are they members on here? Just curious.

madcityskier
07-27-2013, 12:23 AM
Traxx has some good pics of his out there.

m5guy
07-27-2013, 11:23 AM
Not in Illinois or Indiana, but we have been in a few times in South Haven, MI and make a run up as far as Holland, MI and back. Here's one of my wife and I following some friends up the coast. Lake was like glass for a good part of the day. Turned into 2-3 footers at the end of the day but the 55 handled it superbly.

Traxx822
07-27-2013, 11:44 AM
I have seen the green DD star you are talking about once on the Chicago river.

Mostly I see a guy who has an X15 moored underneath Dicks and then I have seen some white Xstar and an X30 out there before.

If you ever want to try and get a few guys to go one day i'd be down. I have been twice on Lake Michigan @ DT Chicago this year.

Fun trip for those who don't get to see Chicago from that perspective. But I don't mind the change in scenery either.

Traxx822
07-27-2013, 11:48 AM
Here is what you can expect from DT CHI