PDA

View Full Version : who here uses the Ronix dock lines?

andersonmc
07-24-2013, 12:42 AM
I can't tell in description on how these work? They say their adjustable? Also if you don't have cleats will they still work?

bsloop
07-30-2013, 09:48 AM
I have never had the Ronix product in my hand but other "bungee" dock lines -

They are intended for a dock well where the boat is suspended in the middle. Theoretically, you could have one side in static which would allow you to pull the boat to one side without "untying". Or both sides so in really rough water there is not as much shock on the cleats being popped each time a static rope goes to full extension.
Personally, I find it hard to trust such bungee lines and would have a static line at just over full extension as a back up in a permanent moored application.
At $24-27 each, they are 3x more expensive than a dock line. Too much Gucci over function for most applications IMO.

You could use either D rings or cleats but obviously not fender holders, interior handles or other soft points.

Tommy1005
07-30-2013, 09:54 AM
when friends used to have a 42' cruiser, it would stay tied with static lines, then when we would get there, we would throw a bungee cord from the starboard stern cleat to the dock on the port side to keep the stern closer to the dock and make it a little easier to get in and out of the boat. In 32 years, that's the only time I've seen a need for a bungee line.