PDA

View Full Version : 1988 Prostar 190 - bimini top

BRS88
07-23-2013, 12:04 AM
I just bought a 1988 M/C Prostar 190, it my first ski boat and so far I really love it. But I would like to buy a bimini top that will fit inside the wake board boom. The wake board boom is a Mastercraft Zero Flex Flyer boom. Does anyone know where I can buy one?

I am new to this sight and have found alot of great information. Thanks to everyone.

Brad

Jerseydave
07-23-2013, 04:51 AM
Congrats on your 1st MC purchase! Very nice, looks great with that zeroflex flyer tower. (FYI, a boom hangs off the side of the boat for barefooting and training new skiers/boarders)

Not sure if I dig the tint, I think I would redo it smoke instead of the reddish color. Just my $.02

You could check the monster tower website to see if they make a universal tower bimini. I'm sure others will chime in with ideas as well.

Good luck with your new boat! :D

BRS88
07-23-2013, 11:02 AM
Thanks Jersey Dave,

I agree about the red tint. I thought it would grow on me but is hasn't yet. I would like to put a cool wrap or the original stripe on it, but until I decide which way to go with the wrap I may keep the tint and make the decision at that time to take it off or not. I think the sides just look a little plain right now.

I went to monster tower and they do have the bimini top I am looking for. I also found one on bigairwaketowers.com and they had some there also.

I guess now, I'm wondering if anyone has experience with different models for some pro's and con's of them.

Thanks again.

Skir68
07-25-2013, 05:51 PM
VERY COOL boat! Now that you have the stripe off of it, I would put stars and Stripes on it!
You would have a newer boat with a Classic look! Red Metal flake to match the red windows.
That would be a sweet wrap, just my .02!

BRS88
07-25-2013, 11:37 PM
Thanks Skir, I just got the boat and that is the way it came. I haven't decided what kind of wrap I am going to put on it but I am leaning toward the stars and stripes like you suggested. I really like the 1998 30th anniversary stars and stripe.

Brad

mzimme
07-25-2013, 11:46 PM
I like the red personally... I think it has a sinister look to it. Check out towerbimini.com, or contact new dimensions (the manufacturer of that tower) and see what they recommend.

But yeah, a red metal flake stripe with some white stars would look pretty god damn sweet on that boat. Maybe a 35th anniversary style theme but red?

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=79786&stc=1&d=1338861893

BRS88
07-30-2013, 11:21 PM
Thanks Mike for the input. I am taking the boat to a local body shop that does fiberglass work to put a new shine to it. I was going to wheel it out myself but I thought I would let the pro's do it, they usually know tricks to make it really nice. Once I get it shined up I am thinking of the 35th anniversary stars and stripes for it.

I will check out those websites you suggested. thanks

By the way, you have a sweet boat. I love the black and white stars and stripes.

Brad

maristardd
07-31-2013, 01:12 AM
Check out http://www.towerbiminis.com -- they did the one for my 94 with a New Dimensions Tower, I'm sure they've done your model.