PDA

View Full Version : Make-A-Wake RCII Ballast System

detonate69
07-22-2013, 09:22 PM
I am selling a brand new never installed RCII Ballast System. I bought this about 2-3 years ago to put into my boat and it doesn't look like I'll ever get around to it.

System includes 2 Jabsco Ballast pumps ($220 each new) plumbed with check valves ready to install. Positive power wiring with inline fuse and distribution block. Negative power wire with distribution block. Control wires with switches, fuses, and all connectors. All you need is tubing and sacks and you are ready to go. System is completely plug and play. Also original instructions included.

System was about $700 new + shipping, I'm asking $400 shipped anywhere in the continental USA.

Email me if you have any questions.
Detonate69@gmail.com

http://www.wakeworld.com/classifields/photos/overall.jpg

fstaslp
07-22-2013, 09:36 PM
Do you have the through hulls for this?

detonate69
07-22-2013, 10:02 PM
no through hulls. Only what is listed. I guess you would need those as well.

Ben
07-22-2013, 10:22 PM
What is the reason for separate fill and vent lines? If you use thru hull for in and out you drill less holes and don't have to worry about check valves?

detonate69
07-23-2013, 10:54 AM
The way this is set up you have separate fill and empty lines. The benefit to this is if you put the empty line through the side of the boat you can see when the bags are empty without having to look at the bag. If you share the fill and empty line through the bottom of the boat then you have to look at the bag and watch for when it's empty. It's bad to run these pumps dry so you want to be aware of when they are empty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Traxx822
07-23-2013, 11:07 AM
Hey guys, Is this a good deal? I will be plumbing my ballast over winter. I think I need 3 pumps though since I want to do all three zones separate.

detonate69
07-23-2013, 11:17 AM
Of course you could plumb it the way you said by simply putting a tee on the bottom through hull and have it fill and drain through the bottom. It's all personal choice.

Basically you get two pumps, two check valves, a power distribution block, a ground block, a fuse block, two switches, two resettable fuses, and all the wiring for $350 since its gonna cost me $50 to ship it most anywhere, $400 total.

Ben
07-23-2013, 11:17 AM
I would say yes. Depends on current pump price. Stated at $220, which sounds in the ballpark. Include some wire (hope Long enough) and free shipping. I'd buy for sure. Only risk is that if anything is wrong with the pump you didn't buy new.... You can work out a deal w seller.

If you pass, my friend may be interested.

Traxx822
07-23-2013, 11:25 AM
Well, this is strange. I just called my installer and asked him what he thought. He said to me not to buy anything because he already bought 3 Jabsco pumps and scuppers. I just need to order the bags he has the switches, hose, wiring, fuses and pumps.

I love my mechanic ... in a strictly platonic way.

What a guy to already at July be prepared for my winter projects.

sgoyal
07-23-2013, 12:00 PM
Well, this is strange. I just called my installer and asked him what he thought. He said to me not to buy anything because he already bought 3 Jabsco pumps and scuppers. I just need to order the bags he has the switches, hose, wiring, fuses and pumps.

I love my mechanic ... in a strictly platonic way.

What a guy to already at July be prepared for my winter projects.

He wants to be sure that some of the your checks goes in his account, so you don't waste it anywhere else HAHAHA :D:D

detonate69
07-23-2013, 03:02 PM
The only thing I've heard of going out on these pumps are the impellers which can be picked up all over the internet. Basically these are new old stock, which means brand new been sitting on a shelf. I'm trying to sell so I can get some motorcycle parts, my new hobby. ;)

markmcfarland
07-30-2013, 08:16 PM
Do you still have this? What model jabsco?

detonate69
07-30-2013, 09:54 PM
Still have it.
This is the exact model number pumps included.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000O8DC6M
This is a picture showing the actually pump and model number.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/31/2a2epu6a.jpg

detonate69
08-06-2013, 01:24 PM
Sold