PDA

View Full Version : X55 setup

PLR
07-22-2013, 01:44 PM
A friend of a friend just bought an X55. It looks like I'm going to be able to ride behind it in the near future. What is the best way to weight it for wakeboarding and surfing. I have only 3 fatsacs that are about 350# each.

PLR
07-22-2013, 02:08 PM
the boat does have surf tabs as well.

Astepatatime
07-22-2013, 10:29 PM
I'm still experimenting with our X55, so take this for what it's worth.

For wakeboarding, I haven't used any sacs yet. The stock wake setting on the system is full ballast and 22 mph. For me at least, that's plenty of wake. It'll depend of course on if you have other people in the boat. Also note that placement of the people will have a significant effect on the wake. If you want to go for huge, just put one of the 350's in each rear locker.

For surfing, I traded some emails with wakemakers and bought two 750 lb sacs. Their advice was to put one in the locker (side you're surfing on) and one under the seat. I haven't fully loaded that out yet. I have had one 750 in the port locker and the other 750 in the bow, with 8 adults in the boat, and most sitting on the port side. That was a pretty big wave.

We've been using 11mph and the surf tab settings that come pre-programmed. Need to play more with them and the speed.

Since you have three 350's, I might suggest putting one in the rear locker, one under the rear seat, and one in the bow (to lengthen the wave).

Also remember a full tank of gas can make a difference. At 80+ gallon tank, you're talking about 500 additional pounds for a full tank.

Report back what you try. We're still learning too!

JohnE
07-23-2013, 07:53 AM
I don't know how it was weighted, but this is from an X55 at one of the CSM reunions: