PDA

View Full Version : Craftlander Lifts

johnlanguab
07-21-2013, 06:14 PM
I'm considering buying a manual Craftlander lift for my lake property. I'm over the boat ramp people.

Anyone have any experience with these lifts on an inboard boat? Too, I noticed there aren't many in the South... any reason for that?

zamboniman
07-21-2013, 06:37 PM
My x2 sits on one. Love it. As good or better than ones I found at much higher prices. They also gave a nice winch system.

Only thing that is good to know is if going with aftermarket canopy the way their upper supports bolt on makes it much easier to fit canopy poles while lift is being assembled rather than after the fact.

Get their "ski boat" bunks supports that give a few more inches of clearance.

I did have one issue that a bunk twisted over that I believe was due to it not being tightened down sufficiently.

johnlanguab
07-21-2013, 09:12 PM
Thanks, for the info!

maxpower220
07-22-2013, 11:58 AM
I don't know much about that brand. I bought a Hewitt cantilever manual lift. It works great, but cranking that thing up and down just was too much. I purchased a motor that turns on the wheel. Best money that I spent on that lift.

If I had it to do over, I would have saved more money and bought a hydraulic lift or one that has the motor built in.

Cables and pulleys wear and break, make sure that you can get parts easily.

197 TT
07-22-2013, 01:34 PM
I had a 3500 lb 108" Craftlander that came with the house when I bought it. It was about 8 years old and just wasn't quite enough for my '08 X2. I replaced a cables and pulleys and other stuff on it, but kept having issues so I just ended up buying a new 4500 108. Seems to be very good quality and works great. Craftlander is made in Michigan so that might be why there are less in the south? The place I bought from sold other lifts too, but highly recommended Craftlander and they told me they've sold and installed 40+ of them on my lake alone...

zamboniman
07-22-2013, 02:46 PM
I had a 3500 lb 108" Craftlander that came with the house when I bought it. It was about 8 years old and just wasn't quite enough for my '08 X2. I replaced a cables and pulleys and other stuff on it, but kept having issues so I just ended up buying a new 4500 108. Seems to be very good quality and works great. Craftlander is made in Michigan so that might be why there are less in the south? The place I bought from sold other lifts too, but highly recommended Craftlander and they told me they've sold and installed 40+ of them on my lake alone...

I hear you there..

I have the 4500 120 model. The 4500 has the easier winch and supposedly one of the easiest in the industry... that said manually cranking an X2 is less than fun. I justify it as a good workout.

I'd recommend getting the 120 wide for the extra room and more universal fit for future boats or resale if you needed. On the rare occasion I forget to swing the board racks the 120 is forgiving :)

JohnnyB
07-22-2013, 03:02 PM
Love my Craftlander lift

Built stout

That being said, I would look at Floe and Hewitt because they both have leveling mechanisms that are actuated from above the water with a cordless drill.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

197 TT
07-23-2013, 12:07 AM
I hear you there..

I have the 4500 120 model. The 4500 has the easier winch and supposedly one of the easiest in the industry... that said manually cranking an X2 is less than fun. I justify it as a good workout.

I'd recommend getting the 120 wide for the extra room and more universal fit for future boats or resale if you needed. On the rare occasion I forget to swing the board racks the 120 is forgiving :)

They did recommend a 120", but to save money I kept my existing canopy and cover, 108" is a little tight but it works...