PDA

View Full Version : Power loss after warmed up

Bluelu00
07-20-2013, 10:27 PM
I have a maristar 225vrs with the Lt1. Usually when we pull some tubes around the boat loses power after awhile. I can't seem to find any rhyme or reason to it other than it doesn't happen right away. It will gradually slow down as you're driving, but if you let off, it won't go any faster than its already going. I can put it in neutral and it will rev just fine, but won't take off again. I did figure out I can turn the boat off, then restart it and it will run just fine for a couple minutes again then the problem returns. I have tried replacing the fuel filter and cleaning the injectors. I've run sea foam and injector cleaner through it. I have not tried a fuel pressure test, but since figuring out the problem goes away after restarting I'm thinking that it isn't a fuel issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mikeg205
07-20-2013, 11:15 PM
Have you checked the fuel pressure?

Bluelu00
07-20-2013, 11:22 PM
No, I haven't checked fuel pressure yet. I'm still planning on doing so, but haven't had It back out yet.

Bluelu00
07-01-2014, 01:08 AM
I have 32 lbs of pressure while idling, it will drop to 30 under hard acceleration and then will come back up. After driving it around pretty aggressively for about 5 minutes or so it started to act up. When it lost power, the pressure dropped down to 16lbs. I can let it go back to idle and it will get back up to 32 lbs, but drop right back down to about 16 lbs when i try to accelerate again. I turned it off and it started right back up and was back to 32 lbs and working well. I just drove back to the landing after that.