PDA

View Full Version : Replacing LT1 Engine, need some help

tdadvertising
07-20-2013, 01:47 PM
Guys, I have the 1993 Anniversary ProStar 190 that only 25 were made. It had the Corvette LT1 engine until it came back to me from a winter in storage with a cracked block. Long story short I didn't pursue it with the place that supposedly winterized it, and now I am trying to replace the engine. I have found a 1993 LT1 out of a Camaro. The questions are as follows: Other than putting on my water induction system and manifolds, what else do I need to know that is different? Was that LT1 that was in my boat a standard rotation engine? Just looking for red flags and hurdles I am unaware of before I take a look at this motor. As an aside if anyone is a motor head and wants to buy the boat as-is, it is in good shape and has a brand new transmission and all kinds of goodies. I realize this is a rare boat and not too many guys are going to have answers about that particular engine, but any help would be appreciated

jakethebt
07-20-2013, 01:52 PM
That engine is not all that rare, but that boat is, even more rare is that engine in that boat. You need to post some pics, I will be shocked if some one on here does not want it. You are on the right track with your salvage engine. You need the basic engine and add the marine specific stuff still good on the cracked block. Just make sure you don't cut any corners on switching the marine electronics from your old engine.

kraig1995
07-20-2013, 02:04 PM
Make sure you use the cam shaft from your existing engine also

mikeg205
07-20-2013, 02:08 PM
I would wait for recommendation from JimN here.

Cloaked
07-20-2013, 02:13 PM
Guys, I have the 1993 Anniversary ProStar 190 that only 25 were made. Pictures? :D

Cloaked
07-20-2013, 02:24 PM
As an aside if anyone is a motor head and wants to buy the boat as-is, it is in good shape and has a brand new transmission and all kinds of goodies.Send me information on the sale in a PM or post it here. I'm not shy.....

Thanks....

JerseyDave keeps offering his up to me then he crawfishes when I say I'm on my way... :D

Jerseydave
07-21-2013, 12:05 AM
Did someone mention my name???

Hey, maybe my 25th needs a dancing partner. I'm in NJ so send me a PM and I'll come and get it!