PDA

View Full Version : Cover Advice

Wakerider16
07-19-2013, 07:26 PM
Looking for some advice on Covers.
Did a bit of research but looking to purchase a cover from http://skiboatcovers.thecanvasshoppe.com/ however looking to use it as a winter cover as well. Live up in New England (Halifax MA to be exact) and looking to see if anyone has had similar experience.
We dont get so much snow where I think one storm would crush the cover under the weight and I was brushing off the snow from last year on the shrink wrap anyways. So my questions are the following. If I get a sunbrella cover would that be a good choice or bad choice for a year round cover? I plan on it getting a decent amount of sun when its not on snow and never having more then a light layer on the top. I saw that they had a cover that was designed for snow (top gun material) does anyone have any experience with that one? And final question if I do with the top gun material how good is it for the summer months if I include vents?

Thanks for the help guys. Just trying to make a smart choice if I am going to spend close to a grand on a cover.

peason
07-19-2013, 10:05 PM
I built supports for my cover during the winter and used a plastic tarp over the cover as well. The supports we're just a couple of 2x4 that made the cover look like an A-Frame. Simple but kept heavy snow from piling on. I now have a metal shed built for my winter storage.

Wakerider16
07-21-2013, 08:06 PM
I plan on sweeping of the snow on a daily basis. Also probably will tarp it as well just to be safe. I would like to know is if I should do either the snow material and see how well it does in the summer or should I do the sunbrella and see how it handles in the winter.

Anyone else have some experience with this? Plan on giving them a call tomorrow but would like to see if anyone has first hand experience.