PDA

View Full Version : Madison, WI - Lake Monona slalom course

madcityskier
07-19-2013, 06:35 PM
Looking to try to get the Lake Monona slalom course back on the water. Not sure I have the time/willpower to keep it up on my own. If anyone in the Madison area is interested in being involved please let me know. Between permits insurance etc., maintnance and the like I'm interested in hearing from anyone willing to help, and what they are willing to do.
Thanks,
Jeff Dale
madcityskier@yahoo.com

Skir68
07-19-2013, 07:15 PM
wow, if I still lived in Stoughton, I would so be there to help! I hope others are willing to step up and help! Good Luck!

mikeg205
07-19-2013, 07:20 PM
I would help Jeff if I was local... :)

wtrskr
07-20-2013, 01:09 AM
I'm a little to far a way or I'd help. Think there would be any shot of moving the location? I've heard the water is always rough in that spot. What about the area on the other side of the road (have go under road to get there)? I skied in there once and the water was good.

madcityskier
07-20-2013, 01:34 AM
The bay would be awful tight if it would fit. Also very weedy. Additionally, to move it would require a new from scratch permit process as well as new surveying. Where it sits now is usually decent in the years I've skied here. The only better spot IMHO is along Olin Park. Mad City Ski Team asked for that location and was denied due to traffic patterns from the ramps, or so I am told.

wtrskr
07-20-2013, 10:35 AM
That spot is plenty long for a slalom course. I get the other issues you mention though.