PDA

View Full Version : 2012 X35

mcLove
07-19-2013, 03:14 PM
Dealer just emailed my dad about 2012 MC Boat liquidation. Its a Pro Tour Red with black on a black tandem axel trailer. I'm trying to get my dad to wait for 2014 x46 when 2015 comes out for good deal. What would be better to do.

Pros:
$84,000
Good looking boat
No hours
Deep Hull for Lake Havasu on windy days

Cons:
2012 Touchscreen, I heard these had lots of problems (Correct me if I'm wrong)
6.0 Engine (Will this engine have enough power)
No surf tabs (How much will it cost to add)
No underwater lighting (How much to add)
ZFT2 Tower (Why did they stop putting these on MC)
Only 2 tower speakers (We will add those)

If anyone has any opinions please share and if anyone has answers to any questions please answer. Thank you so much.

Aric'sX15
07-19-2013, 04:48 PM
Well the 2012 touch screens sucked, avoid them like the plague. 6.0 will be plenty, anything else would be more money and not worth it in my opinion. Surf tabs blow and do nothing like NSS or surfgate, is a complete waste of money. I ended up putting my tabs on the highest pin settings so they wouldn't mes up the wake. The Zft2 goes in the ugliest tower award thread, and was a bad transition between towers. The mc tower speaker option is over priced, go get wet sounds. Under water lights is the only thing I'd add

mcLove
07-19-2013, 05:08 PM
Well the 2012 touch screens sucked, avoid them like the plague. 6.0 will be plenty, anything else would be more money and not worth it in my opinion. Surf tabs blow and do nothing like NSS or surfgate, is a complete waste of money. I ended up putting my tabs on the highest pin settings so they wouldn't mes up the wake. The Zft2 goes in the ugliest tower award thread, and was a bad transition between towers. The mc tower speaker option is over priced, go get wet sounds. Under water lights is the only thing I'd add

What about those screens sucked??

Aric'sX15
07-19-2013, 05:52 PM
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=51307

texasjet
07-19-2013, 06:02 PM
While I haven't seen one of the new x46 in person yet, they have many of the x30 features which we love.

I also have not ever driven an x35, but someone i know who has one says that the x35 drives and handles like a bus.

Overall IMO the lines and styling of the x46 are prettier.

All that said if you like the x35 and could get a killer deal on it. And I would say push hard on price, it might be worth it to let the x46 come out and get any wrinkles ironed out and get into one in a couple of years.

mplv
07-19-2013, 06:04 PM
got a dozen hours on my x46, pretty much wrinkle-less :)

bamabonners
07-19-2013, 11:10 PM
Malibu uses that same system as the 2012 MC, that is one of the major reasons I didn't buy another Malibu after owning a 2011 and a 2012.

mcLove
07-20-2013, 12:11 AM
Malibu uses that same system as the 2012 MC, that is one of the major reasons I didn't buy another Malibu after owning a 2011 and a 2012.

I never knew they used the same system. We were at a lake house with friends and one of their friends came in a Malibu and loved the screen. Never had problems.

bcd
07-20-2013, 09:06 AM
Same supplier, different system, different software

Issues are mainly software related. True you can argue it's essentially the same people doing the software for both.

bamabonners
07-20-2013, 03:13 PM
It may a different layout, but the guts of the system are the same and it stinks. Even the font is the same as the system on Malibu. Tige uses the Medallion system and they have issues as well.

Nautique, Supra, Centurion, and now MC use the murphy system and have much less problems. Personally, i would never own another one with Medallion.

mcLove
07-20-2013, 03:34 PM
Same supplier, different system, different software

Issues are mainly software related. True you can argue it's essentially the same people doing the software for both.

It may a different layout, but the guts of the system are the same and it stinks. Even the font is the same as the system on Malibu. Tige uses the Medallion system and they have issues as well.

Nautique, Supra, Centurion, and now MC use the murphy system and have much less problems. Personally, i would never own another one with Medallion.

I never knew that before. And now hopefully we will never own a boat with the Medallion system.

Mastercraftdave
07-20-2013, 05:55 PM
Don't let people scare you. They have worked out the kinks and the systems work fine. I have put 70 hrs on mine this summer with zero issues. With the new update everything seems to work just fine

mcLove
07-20-2013, 09:32 PM
Don't let people scare you. They have worked out the kinks and the systems work fine. I have put 70 hrs on mine this summer with zero issues. With the new update everything seems to work just fine

Ya we have decided to wait for xstar or x46.