PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of going to X30 2013

Jet
07-19-2013, 02:32 PM
So tonight , the whole family is going to see the X30 2013. We have had the X15 for 6 summers and now is the time to change.

If everything works out, we will take delivery this week-end. I have also looked at the Nautique G23 and Malibu, the G23 looks like a great boat with tons of storage and solid handling on larger body of water. But the price is pretty steep...

If experienced owners have any advice on what I must have on the X30 or things you regret, let me know.

Specter
07-19-2013, 05:07 PM
If I could change my X-30 tomorrow I would do the following:

- Add attitude plate
- Add subwoofer & another amp

Other than that we have enjoyed all 91 hours put on our '12 X-30. With a family you will enjoy the extra space and the comfort of the seating layout.

texasjet
07-19-2013, 05:48 PM
Definitely get the rear facing seat.

I haven't driven an x30 without the tracking fins. The come with the pro package, which our boat has. Our x30 drives and tracks in turns fantastic. So I would absolutely consider getting the tracking fins.

If your dealer uses mastercraft trailers, make sure they put the boat on a 2013 trailer. The 2013 have an extended ledge behind the rear wheel and you can actually use it to step up onto the platform to get into the boat somewhat easily. See attached pic. 97971

We also love the look and functionality of the BTS windshield. Kinda depends on what area of the country you live in. Good in hot areas, not so good in cold or cool.

Not sure i would order a cover from mastercraft. Just don't think they are as good a quality as they should be. I would recommend getting an aftermarket cover from skiboatcovers.com.

If you spend much time out on the water at night, the underwater light are absolutely very cool. Course the are pretty proud of them, so they ought to be.

We got the logo carpet and like the look and color. Just something a bit different. And it was pretty inexpensive. 97972

We really like the carbon fiber upholstery. Seems very easy to clean. We have mostly the light and darker gray. I think the white might be harder to keep clean, and on a very bright sunny day I think it might be hard to look at.

The jury is still out on the surf tabs. We have them and use them, but if you are going to surf a lot you will need additional fat sacs, so the surf tabs are probably unnecessary. And they are pricey.

We had our dealer move the batteries from under the board storage area to back under the rear corner seats. We just hated them being in the way.

Good luck with checking out the X30. We love ours, and we had an '08 X30 before and loved it also.

jhall0711
07-19-2013, 06:11 PM
Awesome looking boat TexasJet.

While I have no specific experience with the 30 I have spent some time on the x-10 which is the shorter version. It is an awesome boat.

Tri4X2
07-19-2013, 06:47 PM
looking at the X46 and the X30.... care to give some thoughts? We boat on a lake that can get pretty rough (Lake Travis in Austin). We love our X2 but I'm pretty sure the family is about to out grow it in the next year or two.

texasjet
07-19-2013, 08:11 PM
Awesome looking boat TexasJet.

While I have no specific experience with the 30 I have spent some time on the x-10 which is the shorter version. It is an awesome boat.

Thanks for the compliment. We got to order our boat and pick out everything and so far we have been very pleased. We looked at the x10 at the boat show and liked it a lot also. Seems like the biggest difference in size is in the bow. We had an 08 x30 and loved he space or we might have gotten the x10.

bamabonners
07-19-2013, 11:11 PM
the new trailers are awesome!! NO other brand gives you that (well, that looks as good)...

Mastercraft13
07-19-2013, 11:59 PM
I have an x-10 which is the exact same boat just a little shorter. I test drove the x-30 last year to make my decision on the boat (x-10's weren't even in production yet) but everything is the same. I am 1000% satisfied with mine. I was looking for an all around boat since I like to foot,slalom,surf and wakeboard the boat pretty much does it all. You don't have a non existent slalom wake of a 197 nor the wall of a wake of an x-star, but empty it has a great wake to slalom and with some additional ballast it has a great surf wake and a smooth wakeboard wake to throw some inverts.

Mastercraft13
07-20-2013, 12:01 AM
Jhall0711 - get off of team talk and study, we have some riding to do!

teamcanada
07-21-2013, 02:46 PM
I put most options on my 2013. Best ones are attitude adjustment plate (auto launch is great),and surf tabs (don't let naysayers fool you, they work great ), and the flip up seat. You will not regret the 30.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jet
07-21-2013, 11:11 PM
Thanks for the comments, did pull the trigger last Friday. Should have the boat this week once the surf tabs and bow filler get in.

I got a good deal for the surf tabs, the bow filler and ŕ plus and play system with fat sacs, so I went for it. We also have the plate, two tower speakers the 6.0 engine, reversible seat... Verynice boat.

Like the idea for the batteries, Will Ask to see if they can do it at the dealer.

Will post pics when I get some.

501s
07-21-2013, 11:31 PM
Congrats on the new boat, you will love it, I have the same one :D. The surf wave is "world class". I joke when typing it but as people have mentioned, it's really that good. This week we actually tried adding in a couple extra sacks and the wave was far and away the biggest I have ever seen. Everyone was amazed and surfing it was like cheating. It was huge. the X-30 also has a very nice wakeboard wake. the more weight the better, but even with 3700lbs of extra weight it was totally clean at 22mph... and gigantic. Here is a shot of it with 3k.

Jet
07-22-2013, 08:57 AM
501s, that is an incredible wave. Think my kids would be afraid to go across !

501s
07-22-2013, 11:23 AM
Ya, it's pretty big for kids lol. The great thing about the X-30 is if you slow it down without ballast, the wake is very good for kids too and with the plate you can mellow it out even more. You will really enjoy this boat.

samasm
07-23-2013, 09:35 PM
I took delivery of my X-30 on 06/29/2013. I had a 2003 X-30 and before that a 94 PS190. The rear facing seat is an absolute. I live the Chicago area, so the heater and heated seats were also needed by us. We also selected the pro package and BTS windshield. We surf a lot myself, my wife and our 2 daughters (none of us are heavy people either) and I have never needed to add ballast to get a very surfable wake. My friend picked up his new G23 and was bragging about it. He was impressed that our X30 put out such a surfable wake with stock ballast and tabs (I have not ridden in his boat yet and he did not comment on a comparison between them... he just stated that is was very impressive that it was stock). The wake does need fine tuning depending on the current (I boat in a river) speed, how many passengers, etc...; as is currently the situation with all boats that I know of. As stated above... you will not regret the X30....no way...no how.

samasm
07-23-2013, 09:38 PM
BTW... I use my boat to bring a smile to the faces of others as well - including some with disabilities, of varying ages and economic faculties. So, at times, I will, and without regret pull a tube, a boogie board, etc... The boat is also awesome for such activities - even though some hard core owners may think of it as sacrilege. The boat is really awesome.

Jet
07-25-2013, 02:27 PM
Thanks samasm, getting it tomorrow, very excited.

André
07-25-2013, 04:12 PM
Thanks samasm, getting it tomorrow, very excited.
Felicitations!
Hoping that all goes well when you pick it up!:)