PDA

View Full Version : Tranny leak fix in a day while here at Norris?

93Prostar190
07-17-2013, 07:17 AM
Hi guys ... Just taking a sampling of thoughts since I could not sleep ... Currently at Norris Lake for the week and fighting a ATF tranny leak on my 2008 214 ..... I had a small trickle last year and I have not been able to find the source .... The seals appear ok to me but ... One does not know ... I even tried the diaper, paper towel trick and really do not see the source ...

Anyway ... Do you guys think there is a chance I can call American Boat Center in Knoxville, and ask them to replace seals for me in a day trip while I am down here? Or is that not a reasonable request? So who knows they may have a backlog anyway ...... Part of me hopes, I call them, the say "sure" and I make the drive Knoxville and on my way back in 4-5 hours with no more leaks .....

ATF in the bilge stinks ... I have ruled out over filling ..... Wish I knew the source....

Peace.

TNH2oSkier
07-17-2013, 09:40 AM
Good luck, its worth a call, but chances are they are busy.

André
07-17-2013, 11:28 AM
Have you checked the hoses carefully:confused:
Just asking because i know personnally a stupid guy that removed trasmission and replaced seals only to notice after that the leak was from a hose...:woohoo:

jkski
07-17-2013, 11:43 AM
Are you sure it is coming from the tranny? I ask because the tranny fluid and engine oil are actually the same if memory serves me correct, so you could be seeing an oil leak. That being said, if your tranny dipstick is reading low constantly then obviously you know it's the tranny.
15w40 is what it all takes I am pretty sure (I would know for sure if my boat got used this year enough to worry about checking it!!!)

Have a great vacation.

93Prostar190
07-19-2013, 07:38 AM
JKSKI , thanks bro, but atf is what our direct drives call for in 2008, clearly red in color and stinky like atf ...... I hope to find the leak source or TriLakes will do it me.

Peace!