PDA

View Full Version : 1981 S&S Platform Brackets?

KY Laker
07-16-2013, 07:56 PM
I'm trying to find out which brackets to order from Alloy Marine for my 1981 S&S. I have ordered and received a teak platform from Teak World Enterprises that is beautiful! I contacted Alloy Marine to order the brackets and the guy that emailed me back thought it was a 90 degree rise with an 11 degree swing, but wasn't 100% sure. I printed out their diagram, but I can't make heads or tails of it. Any of you all know the degree rise and swing or product numbers that would complete this project? Thanks in advance!!

Cloaked
07-16-2013, 08:09 PM
Looks like Alloy has only removable bracket assemblies. Are you converting or sticking with OEM? The diagram is fairly straight forward but their choices and your preferences may not coincide.

This will be an apples to oranges scenario when ordering and I do not see the direct transom attachment brackets. I think you had a fiberglass board as the OEM ?? And the (current) brackets will not fit the wood????

KY Laker
07-17-2013, 01:10 PM
I currently have the original fiberglass platform on there, but it's not attached with brackets. It just has lag bolts through the transom into the platform. I'm looking at the Alloy Marine because that's who Teak World recommended on the hardware.

d2jp
07-17-2013, 03:06 PM
You might want to call Alloy - I've had better luck on the phone with them. I purchased brackets for my '89 and am very pleased.

Cloaked
07-17-2013, 04:32 PM
I currently have the original fiberglass platform on there, but it's not attached with brackets. It just has lag bolts through the transom into the platform. I know.... and Alloy does not sell this configuration (unless I overlooked their inventory listings.... )