PDA

View Full Version : New fuel sending unit just quit

MI_Corey
07-15-2013, 11:14 PM
I put a new sender in my boat a couple weeks ago. Third time out the gauge got a little below half and then just went to E and now won't work at all. Anything I should check or just a bad unit?

mikeg205
07-15-2013, 11:31 PM
sounds like a bad unit to me... IMO

charrison327
07-16-2013, 12:11 AM
i have the same problem. replaced mine the end of last year....worked great first few trips out and now nada. after i burn my gas down to about quarter, i guess i'll slide the tank out and install a new one. actually ordering it tomorrow

JMLVMI
07-16-2013, 12:28 AM
Mine hasn't worked since I bought it, but I fill up every time I'm done at the lake so it has yet to be a problem. Sounds like a winter fix.

charrison327
07-16-2013, 08:31 AM
^^^^^ yeah, like you say, it's really not that big of a deal. MI_Corey, there is actually a thread on here of how to test it. if you search the maint. tips forum, there is a thread titled fuel sender 101 or something like that. it will guide you through a testing procedure if you are up for it. if it was a major undertaking, i would probably wait for the winter, but it's actually a pretty quick fix. but if i don't get around to it, i won't worry about it till later, no biggy

MI_Corey
07-16-2013, 09:21 AM
^^^^^ yeah, like you say, it's really not that big of a deal. MI_Corey, there is actually a thread on here of how to test it. if you search the maint. tips forum, there is a thread titled fuel sender 101 or something like that. it will guide you through a testing procedure if you are up for it. if it was a major undertaking, i would probably wait for the winter, but it's actually a pretty quick fix. but if i don't get around to it, i won't worry about it till later, no biggy

Ok thanks, I will search for that. Getting to my sender is very easy so I am definitely up for testing it.

charrison327
07-16-2013, 09:35 AM
took me a while to find it, but here you go

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=48823&highlight=fuel+guage

there are a bunch of topics on fuel sender and fuel pump issues. this is the one i used on testing last year. there are a few more that are just as detailed. good luck.