PDA

View Full Version : UFP Coupler for 2006 Tandem Axle Trailer

OHpage21
07-15-2013, 02:26 PM
I am looking at replacing the inner sleeve on my 2006 tandem axle trailer. It is kinda beat up, and had some issues with all 4 calipers dragging. I had to bleed the brake line in order to pull my trailer without the wheels/tires skidding while at the boat ramp Sunday.

Are the UFP couplers a direct fit to my existing outer sleeve on the trailer? Meaning, is it possible to disconnect the brake line and electrical line, pull the pins and remove the inner sleeve, and replace with a UFP new inner?

If its possible, does anyone know the part number?

Skyskiguy
07-15-2013, 03:54 PM
Your '06 probably has Reliable brand actuator assembly. A UFP inner member won't fit. UFP does now offer an outer member that is supposed to be a direct swap for the Reliable on MasterCraft trailers.

GoneBoatN
07-15-2013, 04:06 PM
If you do a google search of the following:

reliable actuator replacement site:mastercraft.com/teamtalk

you will find several threads discussing the possibilities. The easiest is the option Skiskiguy mentioned which is in a several of the threads you will find using the above search.

bturner2
07-15-2013, 04:43 PM
Call these guys and tell them what you need.......

http://www.waymires.com/

OHpage21
07-16-2013, 01:27 PM
Talked to the guys at Waymires. Ordered the new UFP Swing away outer and inner. Should be a pretty simple install and bleed of the brake lines. Appreciate the info and leads on other threads.

rspiecha
07-16-2013, 05:27 PM
Outer comes un-painted. Has a chrome like finish. Pretty easy to replace, even easier to bleed.

Rob

OHpage21
07-27-2013, 11:24 AM
Any suggestions for reattaching the brake line. Seems very short, and there isnt an adapter on the new UFP like the old reliable one. Do i need to transfer the adaper and attache it to the new UFP?

2010Prostar197
07-27-2013, 12:40 PM
Adapter???

Picture???

wtrjock
07-29-2013, 02:57 AM
How much was the unit from Waymires? Is it a UFP A-60? I found the inner for around $150. I like the outer swap idea.

2010Prostar197
07-29-2013, 09:08 AM
Outer bolt on retrofit assembly was around 169 if I remember correctly.

JDC
07-29-2013, 10:18 AM
Any suggestions for reattaching the brake line. Seems very short, and there isnt an adapter on the new UFP like the old reliable one. Do i need to transfer the adaper and attache it to the new UFP?You do not need the adapter. The line on the trailer should have a fitting that spins, so you hold the adapter and spin the fitting. Leave the adapter on the old actuator a toss it. The trailer line should connect right to the new master cylinder.

I AM going by memory here and yours may have had something different done to it along the way, so double check it. I just did mine a month or so ago and had to toss the fitting because the threads were different on the fitting to make it adapt to the reliable actuator. The guys at Waymires said toss out the fitting.

JDC
07-29-2013, 10:28 AM
How much was the unit from Waymires? Is it a UFP A-60? I found the inner for around $150. I like the outer swap idea.My complete bolt on inner and outer assy was about $450 with tax (I'm local) but I had no shipping to deal with. Mine is a tandem axle disc brake set up.

If you need a new bolt, you'll have to source that outside of Waymires, and M/C doesn't carry them anymore either. I had to order the right length bolt from Utterback supply here in Indianapolis.

JDC
07-29-2013, 11:33 AM
Any suggestions for reattaching the brake line. Seems very short, and there isnt an adapter on the new UFP like the old reliable one. Do i need to transfer the adaper and attache it to the new UFP?One other note on the short brake line (sorry my notes are all piecemeal - I'm in the hospital all drugged up :(), but you can pull some of the hard line through the frame channel toward the tongue to give you more room. It should be at the LF wheel where you can push it forward. Just use caution so you don't kink it and then just push it back through when you get the new tongue bolted in place.

OHpage21
08-02-2013, 11:40 PM
I was into parts at Waymires at 450 with shipping. Included new Swing away and inner member. Was a very easy install. Only PIA was spinning the tongue to thread the brake line.