PDA

View Full Version : Officially a MC Snob

6ballsisall
10-10-2005, 07:35 PM
Ok, I am an official Mastercraft snob. It had been some time since I ski'd behind a boat other than mine or another MC. I skied briefly behind a friends Tige yesterday (1994 model) which I use to ski regularly before we got our boat. Prior to owning an MC I thought it was a great slalom wake. After yesterday I was utterly stunned how much difference there could be between wakes! My boat is only 1 year newer than theirs and both have similar shaped hulls from my general viewing but man are the wakes different! Mine is soft and small with no rooster tail. The Tige's was a double wake with a rooster tail that hit you in the shins at 15' off! Who's selling the shirts that say "Oh, you mean we aren't skiing behind a Mastercraft today?"

I'll buy ten of em! Don't get me wrong, just being out on the water is better than nothing but I guess when you got the goods its hard to step back.

milkmania
10-10-2005, 08:12 PM
do you qualify for

Just another A$$HOLE with a MasterCraft

T-Shirt yet:purplaugh

6ballsisall
10-10-2005, 08:15 PM
do you qualify for

Just another A$$HOLE with a MasterCraft

T-Shirt yet:purplaugh

Where do I pay for it? I'll take more than one please :D

milkmania
10-10-2005, 08:33 PM
Where do I pay for it? I'll take more than one please :D

lol, I'd like one also

you think we got something here???

probably won't be corporate endorsed:rolleyes:

but that's never stopped us before:woohoo:

Ric
10-10-2005, 08:38 PM
I want one for the N guys we met at the ball game sunday !!

André
10-10-2005, 08:41 PM
I want one for the N guys we met at the ball game sunday !!
Aren't you allow to shoot N guys in Texas ? :D

Ric
10-10-2005, 08:41 PM
Aren't you allow to shoot N guys in Texas ? :D
only if they come in your house ;)

6ballsisall
10-10-2005, 08:44 PM
lol!! :moon:

X2M
10-10-2005, 09:32 PM
The T-shirt could look like this...
On the front.
A.W.M.C
On the back.
Just Another
A$$hole
with a
MasterCraft
:moon:
So what'cha think? :purplaugh 8p

6ballsisall
10-10-2005, 09:40 PM
The T-shirt could look like this...
On the front.
A.W.M.C
On the back.
Just Another
A$$hole
with a
MasterCraft
:moon:
So what'cha think? :purplaugh 8p

I love it!! You put the deal together and I'll buy one. (Hey is that like you build it and they'll come? )

captain planet
10-10-2005, 09:59 PM
Don't feel bad about how you feel about skiing behind something other than a MC. There is a guy in our boat club who has a 97' Tige and to be honest, I would rather not ski than get behind that thing. Well, I guess I would go footin beside it since it can't ruin that water, but FORGET about taking a slalom run behind it. It's like skiing over those blocks that you pull up against in a parking lot.

It's not being an a$$hole, it's called not accepting anything but the best, period. Or to put into lamens terms, why drink Pabst when there is, well, anything else.

milkmania
10-10-2005, 10:05 PM
we'll get it worked out.....

X2M
10-10-2005, 10:23 PM

Show off. :D

Would you really wear a t-shirt like that?

bcampbe7
10-10-2005, 10:43 PM

Ah yes....

Tell me how much and where to send the money!

I may do an iron-on of that Milk. :dance:

milkmania
10-10-2005, 10:49 PM

you bet I would!

and proudly

6ballsisall
10-10-2005, 10:50 PM

You betcha ;)

lakes Rick
10-10-2005, 10:56 PM
Please send all the proceeds for the copyright of this to me.....

SKI*MC
10-10-2005, 10:59 PM
well if you ever get it worked out and start making shirts... you got my 10 bucks!!1

X2M
10-10-2005, 11:01 PM
Can we share it please? ;)

Should I get this going? How many of you would buy one?

lakes Rick
10-10-2005, 11:04 PM
Can we share it please? ;)

I don't have the MCish font on my computer. What do you think of it this way?

I believe I was the originator of the " Another A$$hole with a mastercraft" bumper sticker on my canopy... Also the "A$$hole parking only" sign in my driveway, courtesy of a buddy........

Maybe the EX was right!!!!!!!!!

X2M
10-10-2005, 11:07 PM
I believe I was the originator of the " Another A$$hole with a mastercraft" bumper sticker on my canopy... Also the "A$$hole parking only" sign in my driveway, courtesy of a buddy........

Maybe the EX was right!!!!!!!!!

You can keep the A$$hole name and I will keep the money. Sound familiar? Hehehe, Just kidding. :D :D
I was kidding earlier about the sharing thing too. If there is a need for the "A$$ shirt", then I will volunteer my services free of charge. How's that?

milkmania
10-10-2005, 11:16 PM

what time did you apply for the copyright protection?

I applied at 8:05 pm.......lol

I knew that someone on here had that sticker and sign before but I couldn't recall who it was:)

shepherd
10-10-2005, 11:17 PM

Well, I guess the dollar signs on the shirt would be appropriate... You got to have money to buy one of those boats. But then again, you usually get what you pay for. :D
If you want the best, you got to be willing to pay for it...

milkmania
10-10-2005, 11:18 PM
You can keep the A$$hole name and I will keep the money. Sound familiar? Hehehe, Just kidding. :D :D

probably the same words will be spoken during my divorce proceedings:o

X2M
10-10-2005, 11:21 PM
probably the same words will be spoken during my divorce proceedings:o
What?? :confused:

milkmania
10-10-2005, 11:35 PM
What?? :confused:

Originally Posted by X2momma
You can keep the A$$hole name and I will keep the money.

milkmania
10-10-2005, 11:35 PM
getting there.....

milkmania
10-10-2005, 11:40 PM
it can be done!!!

erkoehler
10-11-2005, 01:46 AM
I think that if we did a bulk order through some other company, then it would be better than buying them off the internet!

My Uncle has shirts made up for his business all the time, if we are serious about this, then I could look into getting something like that done!

milkmania
10-11-2005, 01:49 AM
I think that if we did a bulk order through some other company, then it would be better than buying them off the internet!

My Uncle has shirts made up for his business all the time, if we are serious about this, then I could look into getting something like that done!

I'd buy one

I've got a lady that does our baseball/softball league's uniforms..... but I don't think I want to "go there" with her.....lol

erkoehler
10-11-2005, 01:55 AM
OK, I started a poll, and we will see what kind of true interest we got with this project. Then, we'll go from there :headbang:

Farmer Ted
10-11-2005, 01:55 AM
silk screening text on a decent quality t-shirt should come in around $8-12 a shirt, depending on the quality of the shirt.

With just text it should be fairly cheap.

We got some t-shirts done with our nose art when I was stationed in England that had 4 or 5 colors with a big graphic on the back and a small graphic on the left breast and it was only $15 a shirt

erkoehler
10-11-2005, 01:58 AM
The price will also be very dependant on how many shirts we want to get made.

milkmania
10-11-2005, 02:01 AM
what about the slalom skier over the left chest, and something like my creation on the back?

inspired by lakes rick:cool:

Farmer Ted
10-11-2005, 02:06 AM
Not too bad here...

erkoehler
10-11-2005, 02:17 AM
I like the message on the back of the shirt......

kipper88
10-11-2005, 09:10 AM
for those who do buy this shirt, you probaly shouldn't try to wear it on an airplane. Some malibu guys will complain and get you kicked off.

Tennesseeski
10-11-2005, 09:30 AM
I will take one too. It will fit with my I.R.S.(Intoxicated Redneck Skier) shirt :toast:

djhuff
10-11-2005, 09:34 AM
Has anyone tried cafepress.com yet. You upload your shirt and then anyone can go on and buy it, as well as coffee mugs, hats, etc.

Besides the point, I'll take 2 XLs, and 2 Ms.

Leroy
10-11-2005, 09:42 AM
Have always went local for training t-shirts ~$8 each, but at ebay,

http://cgi.ebay.com/50-Personalized-custom-t-shirts-embroidered_W0QQitemZ6003742566QQcategoryZ47130QQr dZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Sent the guy a question. If nothing else would be good for kids soccer training if this price is even close!

captain planet
10-12-2005, 12:12 AM
You know, I have tried to figure out how wearing a shirt that says, "Just Another A$$hole with a MasterCraft" bolsters the image of being a MasterCraft owner. You couldn't pay me to wear that shirt. I can't see where you all are coming from. I have a good sense of humor, but I just don't get the joke.

I think that a shirt that reads, "Oh, your ski boat isn't a MasterCraft....I'm sorry" is a little more appropriate.

Now that is being a MC snob.

Leroy
10-12-2005, 01:24 AM
Captain Planet, I doubt I can explain it, but anyway!

I don't think it's so much a joke, certainly doesn't boost the image as a owner, I look at it as more of a funny poke at ourselves. I think it's funny, but would not wear out. We pay a lot for our MC's, we tend to be obsessive about them (care maintenance, rules on the boat, etc), use them a lot, talk about a lot, etc. Many of us are so compulsive many others might say A-holes, you know those people that would jump in on the seat in shoes wondering what is wrong with you, strickly taboo in these circles. Do we think we are A-holes, no, caring for out MC's......to a fault normally......
Just think of these two comparisons:

Just another A$$hole with a MasterCraft
Just another A$$hole with a Rinker...

gene dobies
10-12-2005, 09:44 AM
From what I can see only true snobs would wear such a shirt. I believe in live and let live. I know there are plenty of people out there with much lesser boats and paid much lesser money for them and they take just as good a care of them and enjoy them just as much as me. They ski them just as much as me. I don't know about you all but I know I don't like snobs or being around them. Are so many people on this board sooooo snobby that they actually look down on others with lesser boats. I think that is a shame. I guess they would be truly be the a....holes and would take pride in wearing such a shirt.

MarkP
10-12-2005, 11:17 AM
If you guys are interested, Wal-mart sells a product by “Avery” That you could just print and Iron on your favorite shirt. The product, (paper), comes in 12 packs and I think is about 20 bucks..

The ball is in your court:D

MarkP
10-12-2005, 11:21 AM
How about I make it easy??

http://www.avery.com/us/Main?action=product.Details&catalogcode=WEB01&node=10211041&productcode=3271

EYOK, Have at it;)

Ric
10-12-2005, 11:25 AM
From what I can see only true snobs would wear such a shirt. I believe in live and let live. I know there are plenty of people out there with much lesser boats and paid much lesser money for them and they take just as good a care of them and enjoy them just as much as me. They ski them just as much as me. I don't know about you all but I know I don't like snobs or being around them. Are so many people on this board sooooo snobby that they actually look down on others with lesser boats. I think that is a shame. I guess they would be truly be the a....holes and would take pride in wearing such a shirt.
I'm with gentle gene on this one boys...
Besides, I'm already an azhole. I don't need a sign :rolleyes:

east tx skier
10-12-2005, 11:26 AM
If you guys are interested, Wal-mart sells a product by “Avery” That you could just print and Iron on your favorite shirt. The product, (paper), comes in 12 packs and I think is about 20 bucks..

The ball is in your court:D

I've made some shirts using this and it works great. After a few washes, you can't even see the label (looks silk screened). These shirts have weathered well for over 5 years and counting.

I'm going to pass on the shirt though. Just not my cup-o-tea. On a side note, let's not forget who owns that "MasterCraft" trademark, be the design good for the image of the company or not.

milkmania
10-12-2005, 11:27 AM
How about I make it easy??

http://www.avery.com/us/Main?action=product.Details&catalogcode=WEB01&node=10211041&productcode=3271

EYOK, Have at it;)

actually, if I turn around at my desk and look in the cabinet.........:D

MarkP
10-12-2005, 11:41 AM
I've made some shirts using this and it works great. After a few washes, you can't even see the label (looks silk screened). These shirts have weathered well for over 5 years and counting.

I'm going to pass on the shirt though. Just not my cup-o-tea. On a side note, let's not forget who owns that "MasterCraft" trademark, be the design good for the image of the company or not.
That shirt is “not my color” either. Just tryin to help.

MarkP
10-12-2005, 11:47 AM
actually, if I turn around at my desk and look in the cabinet.........:D
I just used the stuff at my 10 year olds sleepover/makeover birthday party. It worked out great. After the kids all had a makeover, I took a group photo and put it on big T’s for them to use as night shirts..

tex
07-04-2006, 05:14 PM
I saw the biggest MC snob at the lake yesterday. He pulls up close to me driving an X-80. I give him the friendly lake wave. He and his buddies just stare and keep cruising without as much as a nod. I guess that they did not know that a Prostar 197 was related to their boat! I did yell, nice of daddy to let you out in the boat!

BriEOD
07-04-2006, 06:13 PM
What a jerk. I don't care what people are driving. If I wave, they see me wave and then just state, well that is just straight rude.

TMCNo1
07-04-2006, 06:13 PM
Tex, you did good, wonder if that was Gene that you saw in the X80!

wakebroad
07-04-2006, 06:25 PM
I was always friendly when I was in the Sea Ray and I am always friendly in the X-Star. There are people that just look away when I wave and I just say to myself "to heck with you then". I can't believe some people think they are somehow better because they have alot of money. :(

ski_king
07-04-2006, 07:10 PM
I was always friendly when I was in the Sea Ray and I am always friendly in the X-Star. There are people that just look away when I wave and I just say to myself "to heck with you then". I can't believe some people think they are somehow better because they have alot of money. :(
Any guy that dosn't wave back to you is either rude, sick or gay!

But there are some of the same up here in PA. One guy in his SN goes way out of his way to make everybody know that he "thinks" he owns the river.

BriEOD
07-04-2006, 08:10 PM
MarkP was the same way until he traded in the SN for the MC. ;)

tex
07-04-2006, 08:15 PM
It was not good, he only talked to dudes in go fast boats.

BriEOD
07-04-2006, 08:17 PM
he only talked to dudes
The FBI calls that a clue Tex!! :D

tex
07-04-2006, 08:30 PM
Dudes that looked like construction workers driving 40 Fountains w/girls that smoked and were enhanced.

BriEOD
07-04-2006, 08:35 PM
Dudes that looked like construction workers driving 40 Fountains w/girls that smoked and were enhanced.
I would have been talking to the girls who were enhanced, not the dudes. :headbang:

tex
07-05-2006, 01:36 AM
I would have been talking to the girls who were enhanced, not the dudes. :headbang:
My wife, my son, and my 2 female cousins stood in the way!