PDA

View Full Version : Check engine flashing

jerrystoys@gmail.com
07-13-2013, 01:01 PM
I have an 2007 X45 and I am getting a beeping sound after about 10 seconds after I start the boat. In the display it says "engine check". If I press the button to change the display the beeping will stop for a while. It always returns. The boat is not overheating and the oil pressure is fine. The dipstick shows full. Any help would be appreciated.

CantRepeat
07-13-2013, 03:38 PM
You're going to need some way to read and clear the codes before that behavior will stop. The trouble is most of the readers for MEFI 5 ECMs are between $400 and $700 bucks.

http://www.rinda.com/marine/marinemenu.htm

Short of that you need to take it to a dealer to find out why the codes is being set.

A friend of mine with an 07 X2 was having issues with his boat. Same thing, no overheating, oil level good, battery completely charged. I have a CAN connector and software to read codes for MEFI 5s. It turned out to be a miss fire on two cylinders. After looking over the boat my recommendation was to change the spark plugs, which stopped the check engine and buzzer.

Your mileage may very.

jerrystoys@gmail.com
07-14-2013, 08:42 AM
Crazy thing. It just quit beeping. I did read a thread from someone that said something about after 5 cool downs on the motor it would reset and stop. Don't know if that is what happened but we went out last evening for a few hours and never had it beep one time. Go figure???

thamax
07-14-2013, 02:38 PM
Does the boat run full power no reduced rpm?

GoneBoatN
07-14-2013, 08:16 PM
IMO: Time to pony up and either buy the FEFI 5 capable reader as Cant Repeat mention or take it to a boat mechanic who can. Just like a car, running a boat engine that is throwing codes can result in serious consequences. The ECM is trying to tell you something and nobody is listening to it.