PDA

View Full Version : X2 wake help pictures?

fryguy17601
07-08-2013, 09:01 PM
Not sure if it is a boat set up or wrong rider but want help to get my son surfing ropeless. I am not able to get pictures to load on the site so I am posting what I put on Wake World sorry. http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=798998

Thanks in advance for help!

Andy

VP46
07-08-2013, 09:53 PM
I tend to stand closer to the edge of the board but not sure if that helps me at all....

What I do know for a fact does help is the super man tactic.... this is where when you know you are slow on the wave you put your arms out like super man to speed up.

The problem with my boat (205 hull) is the weet spot is VERY small - more weight would help.

More weight in the rear lockers make the wake taller.

More weight up front make the longer.

I noticed the biggest difference when I added weight up front.

-----

if I had my druthers I would replace the hard tanks with 750s and get a 500lb triangle up front and maybe a side sack too. (I would then drive very very very carefully ;) )

Mossyrocks
07-08-2013, 10:31 PM
What they said and the trim tab should be up.

KahunaCraft
07-08-2013, 11:03 PM
There are a few things you can do:

1. Slightly turn the boat. A 5 or 10 degree turn inward. Try outward as well.

2. Have him move his back foot and front foot forward an inch or two, maybe three for the back foot. Get his toes closer to the edge of the board. Use the wave to lift the board up, then slide down. Once he finds the pocket, ask him to try to define it by measuring the areas where the rope has slack.

3. Speed... Try going .5 mph slower, or .5 mph faster. Try going 1 mph faster/slower. Make fine adjustments after that.

4. Adjust the rope length. Shorter or longer, he could be missing the pocket.

5. If you can find a bit bigger board it might help. I have a cwb ride that everyone can go rope less. My inland surfer, mucus, is a bit faster and a little more tricky but man I love it. I doubt the board is the problem. Just one thought. Edit: that inland surfer red rocket should work great.

6. Add more weight in the corner and on the bench side of the boat. More people or buy a couple of 400# sacs. Not sure where ur at, but I'd borrow one first to try it out.

jgraham37128
07-08-2013, 11:14 PM
I have a 2010 x2 and surf. I fill the port side full and the KGB full. the starboard s at 0. No plate down, this raises the back of the boat up which will make the wake smaller. I also have a 500lb sack in the rear port I use. We surf at 9.5-10.2 mph. If you have three people in the boat move them back to the left rear side and this will be the same as the fat sack. Your son looks to have to much weight on his rear leg. From font is gas and rear is for brake.

Mossyrocks
07-08-2013, 11:22 PM
Also one thing a lot of people overlook is the water depth. Our wake flattens and washes out around <10'. <7' and its gone.

Lot of good ideas here, cant think of anymore.

KahunaCraft
07-08-2013, 11:59 PM
Yes, I see a difference at 10ft again at 15ft and finally, anything deeper than 20ft seems to be the best. Minimum should be 12-14ft.

BrooksfamX2
07-09-2013, 12:01 AM
When I was learning it helped to have my toes closer to the inside of the board (closer to wake) and bend at the waist a little to get weight on the toe side edge helping to drive into the wake. By the looks of the picture, he is leaning back pulling on the rope. it may take an hour or two to find the sweet spot and be able to go ropeless for any length of time. I surfed behind stock 2007 X2's before adding a bag to the surf side..........

Keep at it, you'll get it.

scottsx2
07-09-2013, 10:29 PM
What are the weights of the bags you are using?

BrooksfamX2
07-09-2013, 11:14 PM
What are the weights of the bags you are using?

My single surf side (port side) bag is 455lbs.

My best wake settings: (medium sized wake)

Starboard side 1/4-1/2 full
KGB full
Port side full
Bag full
Plate down 1/4 to lengthen pocket a bit (still not long)
9.8 mph

Very surfable wake but not huge.....

Mossyrocks
07-09-2013, 11:28 PM
I would empty starboard totally, trim tab all the way up, and try speeding up little by little until the white wash is gone from the front (closest to boat, not the face) of the wake. Try a person or two towards the front (still on port side) to lengthen the pocket. The trim tab being down will raise the stern some causing wash. If i put mine down at all my wake disappears.

BrooksfamX2
07-09-2013, 11:50 PM
I would empty starboard totally, trim tab all the way up, and try speeding up little by little until the white wash is gone from the front (closest to boat, not the face) of the wake. Try a person or two towards the front (still on port side) to lengthen the pocket. The trim tab being down will raise the stern some causing wash. If i put mine down at all my wake disappears.

Believe me, I've tried many different set ups and this is what works best for my boat with the load I usually carry. I teak it a bit depending on how many people and load we have.

This is with a full load of fuel also. I always top off when we are going surfing.

Mossyrocks
07-10-2013, 08:14 AM
Believe me, I've tried many different set ups and this is what works best for my boat with the load I usually carry. I teak it a bit depending on how many people and load we have.

This is with a full load of fuel also. I always top off when we are going surfing.

I just noticed you were not the OP. Sorry man, thought you (op) were still having problems. Haha.

If you have a nice wake perhaps he should copy your setup though.

fryguy17601
07-10-2013, 10:44 AM
I am OP, no problem. I had surf tab down (Have not seen that much difference up or down), factory port tank full, kgb full and fly high port rear piggy back and bow bag which are 455 lbs and bow sac is 690 in a v shape so weight is on both sides of the bow actually. I am wondering if I should pull my starboard bag and get a tsunami pump and mount under glove box to sink the port more? Would rather not add more weight if not needed.

Drake2785
07-10-2013, 10:58 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/10/e5yqesa3.jpg

2005 x2 factory ballast on starboard side 500 fly high on starboard side & front ballast full and 3 people seems to surf fine try squaring his body up more with the wake and then What these other guys have suggested also I think the wake you have is ridable just get the technic down first.

Mossyrocks
07-10-2013, 11:19 AM
I am OP, no problem. I had surf tab down (Have not seen that much difference up or down), factory port tank full, kgb full and fly high port rear piggy back and bow bag which are 455 lbs and bow sac is 690 in a v shape so weight is on both sides of the bow actually. I am wondering if I should pull my starboard bag and get a tsunami pump and mount under glove box to sink the port more? Would rather not add more weight if not needed.

I wonder if maybe the bow sac is too heavy and not allowing the boat to "plow" the water enough. It sure makes the wake longer but too much and height disappears. I dunno, never messed with a x2. I would assume my x15 is somewhat similar.

Grant777
07-10-2013, 12:25 PM
If the bow sac is too heavy it lengthens the wave and reduces the steepness. I run the following for a wave on the port side:

Full hard tanks (starboard,port,KGB)
Full port piggy bag sac 400lbs
Empty starboard piggy back sac
Empty bow sac

Split the people 70/30 to the rear and of course seated on the port side.

Speed between 9.2-9.8mph, into wind, depth greater then 15feet.

Hope that helps.

Mossyrocks
07-10-2013, 12:46 PM
Yea, i may need a drawing to explain this but ill try. If there is too much weight in the front and not enough in the rear the boat will ride low but it it will be flat. When the boat is plowing at an angle the water will be forced downhill and out the back which will force the water down into a nice rounded hole before it rebounds upwards.

Grant777
07-11-2013, 05:39 AM
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=55479

scottsx2
07-22-2013, 06:43 PM
Anyone have any luck pulling a surface 360 with an x 2 yet? I feel i have my x 2 wake as dialed as it can get, made a couple attempts this weekend with no luck, I'm sure it's surfer related opposed to boat/wake related, let's hear what everyone can do behind their x 2!

neil.anderson63
07-22-2013, 07:29 PM
Anyone have any luck pulling a surface 360 with an x 2 yet? I feel i have my x 2 wake as dialed as it can get, made a couple attempts this weekend with no luck, I'm sure it's surfer related opposed to boat/wake related, let's hear what everyone can do behind their x 2!

Both of my kids (18,16 yrs old) turn surface 360's surfing behind our stock ballast 07' X2. I'll try to post a video. He rides port side, she rides starboard. She thinks the wave is better on starboard. My son also pulls off a nice kick flip. He gets up riding fins front and kicks it around.
We have a 400lb sac that we rarely use, doesn't make much difference.

ttu
07-22-2013, 07:43 PM
my 19 year old son's first 360. see if video load.

Mossyrocks
07-22-2013, 08:05 PM
He made it look easy! I just cant get it.

Kimper
07-23-2013, 03:01 PM
Both of my kids (18,16 yrs old) turn surface 360's surfing behind our stock ballast 07' X2. I'll try to post a video. He rides port side, she rides starboard. She thinks the wave is better on starboard. My son also pulls off a nice kick flip. He gets up riding fins front and kicks it around.
We have a 400lb sac that we rarely use, doesn't make much difference.

Can you post video of that? My 08 x2 was not even capable of making a surfable wave with stock tanks. Are you considering a plumbed fly high system as stock maybe??
Or maybe you have alot of human ballast? I tend to post weighting specs with only driver and child on board since that's often our surf team!

neil.anderson63
07-23-2013, 03:23 PM
Can you post video of that? My 08 x2 was not even capable of making a surfable wave with stock tanks. Are you considering a plumbed fly high system as stock maybe??
Or maybe you have alot of human ballast? I tend to post weighting specs with only driver and child on board since that's often our surf team!

I can't load the video, too large of a file. Here is pic of our surf wake stock ballast starboard empty, port full, kgb full, 4 people in the boat. Me 175lbs, friend 175lbs, daughter 100lbs, wife 115lbs. Just under 10mph. Not even thinking about fly high system. Wake is solid as is, my kid lands back rolls and 360's without trouble.

uplander
08-02-2013, 08:59 AM
have him drop rope without slack once he is close to the swet spot. Then work with him on putting pressure on his front leg to push him forward. My son was having same trouble but once he understood the pressure on front leg to move forward he got it. I do not wait for them to go slack on the rope just get him close and pull in the rope and tell him to put pressure on his front leg to move forward. My son is 12 weight 110