PDA

View Full Version : Need a huntin buddy?

6ballsisall
10-08-2005, 04:24 PM
One thing I miss about being in Colorado is all the hunting I used to get to do with family and friends. Waterfowl, upland, and big game. Anybody out here in the midwest need another huntin partner I'd be game (no pun intended) Never hunted out here but sure would like to get back into the sport!

MarkP
10-08-2005, 10:38 PM
Good luck JR..

I gave it up after the tree I was standing next to got shot, (about 10 above my head)..

Be careful!

lakes Rick
10-08-2005, 11:34 PM
Just a reminder to you hunters...

In my Sleezier days, ( a long time ago) the best "hunting night" in town was the friday night before opening Deer season.. Unbelievable how many women out on the town with there boyfriends or husbands gone for the weekend......

Upper Michigan Prostar190
10-09-2005, 10:09 AM
Just a reminder to you hunters...

In my Sleezier days, ( a long time ago) the best "hunting night" in town was the friday night before opening Deer season.. Unbelievable how many women out on the town with there boyfriends or husbands gone for the weekend......

well, If I may borrow JR's line, all I got to say is TRUE DAT!!!!

around these parts, Deer season is prime time to pick up a swamp queen...or two...or five. it just draws them out of the woodwork around the entire UP. go to just about any bar, Its like watching one of those discovery channel shows about wild animals mating rituals. I tell you one thing, even if you arent there to play the "game" its an absolute blast to watch it!! :popcorn:

UMP

erkoehler
10-10-2005, 12:59 AM
We were on the river just North of Downtown St. Charles and some guy was out on his duck boat setting up a blind w/ fake ducks and the whole bit.

Let me tell you, usually I foot at about 40 long line, but it was hammer down past that guy! :D

10-10-2005, 10:26 AM
Hey there is a new concept! :eek: use the decoys as slalom bouys and see how many you can ski around before the duck hunter gets P%@#$*d off enough to take a shot at you. :dance: Now THAT is a sport!! :firejump:

....wonder how thick a wetsuit you need to repell birdshot...?

UMP

Zach S
10-10-2005, 02:33 PM
You might want to think about more than neoprene with the 3.5" 12ga. hevi-shot chasin' ya down. :firejump:

erkoehler
10-10-2005, 02:56 PM
I was actually thinking more along the lines of NOT skiing while he was out there......

10-10-2005, 04:44 PM
You might want to think about more than neoprene with the 3.5" 12ga. hevi-shot chasin' ya down. :firejump:
well see, thats the incentive for becoming a better skier!! :uglyhamme

get in and out QUICK while skiing around a decoy or two. If your fast enough, you can be in a safe range where the pellets might not penetrate the neoprene. :dance:

we can have a catchy name for it, the beer companies will fight to sponsor it.

oldschool84
10-10-2005, 04:59 PM
It might be best to steer clear of a man with a gun and probably a trained DOG!!!! :rant:

Dell
10-10-2005, 05:07 PM
jrandol, I don't waterfowl hunt, but as far as the upland birds go, if you are ever through south central KS. and want to go, let me know, I'll take you. Two GSP's and one lab ready to go. I've got plenty of room at home as two of the boys are in college.

Ric
10-10-2005, 05:57 PM
Hey there is a new concept! :eek: use the decoys as slalom bouys and see how many you can ski around before the duck hunter gets P%@#$*d off enough to take a shot at you. :dance: Now THAT is a sport!! :firejump:

....wonder how thick a wetsuit you need to repell birdshot...?

UMP
a while back a lady posting on the nicholls site was saying that duck hunters chased her skier and the bb's from their shot were landing in her yard. Dont know if it was true but it sure made for a helluva thread as people bantered about hunting, animals, property rights and the law for sure :rolleyes:

stevo137
10-10-2005, 06:30 PM
This was from last weekend.
I skied my a** off that day.
About 6 blinds every season.
It's that time of the year again...

bradamerry
10-10-2005, 06:56 PM
I always have room for another gun.... ;)

6ballsisall
10-10-2005, 07:15 PM
jrandol, I don't waterfowl hunt, but as far as the upland birds go, if you are ever through south central KS. and want to go, let me know, I'll take you. Two GSP's and one lab ready to go. I've got plenty of room at home as two of the boys are in college.

Thanks Dell!! If I get out that way I'll give you a holler. I too have a German Shorthair Pointer. Great dogs!! Our Yellow lab also makes a great upland and waterfowl dog.

Ever been to Goodland, KS? I lived there in the early 80's for a few years.

6ballsisall
10-10-2005, 07:16 PM
I always have room for another gun.... ;)

hmmmmm............. mapquesting your area now. :cool:

erkoehler
10-11-2005, 02:26 AM
This was from last weekend.
I skied my a** off that day.
About 6 blinds every season.
It's that time of the year again...

Man, it looked just like that. He didn't have that many ducks out though.

10-11-2005, 11:02 AM
you shoulda rattled his cage a bit and cut around a few of those decoys :popcorn: LOL!!!

milkmania
10-11-2005, 11:16 AM
you shoulda rattled his cage a bit and cut around a few of those decoys :popcorn: LOL!!!

bonus round.....

make a second pass:steering:

Leroy
10-12-2005, 10:12 AM
Jeff; My brother-in-laws hunt in southern IN, duck, goose, deer. If you like I can get the names of where they go. It's near Evansville, east and north. I like to hunt, but don't like to shoot anything......have watched many deer walk under my stand in the past and never shot one.

Dell
10-12-2005, 10:33 AM
j, I know where Goodland is and have been there many times. Went to College at Hays. Mostly just drove through it going snow skiing in Colorado.