PDA

View Full Version : pulls to the right

canadianskier
10-07-2005, 10:57 PM
Just bought an `93 prostar190 and it pulls to the right light crazy, anyone have any ideas??

crdickey
10-07-2005, 11:43 PM
Most serious slalom drivers set their boats up with a bunch of rudder torque to the right. This makes the boat track very well down the course. This is the way my boat is setup and I love it, but don't let go of the wheel or it turns right quickly!

This is induced by grinding some off the trailing edge of the rudder on the drivers side. I think if you look at the rudder from the rear, you'll probably be able to see the difference. The trailing edge will be fairly square on the left side and rounded or 45 degree beveled on the right.

If you do not like the feel or are not going to drive the slalom course there are two ways to fix it;

First: file the left edge to balance or neutralize the torque
Second: Replace the rudder

Cloaked
10-08-2005, 07:54 AM
Just bought an `93 prostar190 and it pulls to the right light crazy, anyone have any ideas??It should perform in that manner, not to worry.

Pics of yEr machine please?

east tx skier
10-08-2005, 11:47 PM
My 93 does the same thing. Once I realized that it was supposed to have this rudder torque, I quickly got used to it. Now that I'm used to it, I wouldn't want a boat to be without it.

jimmer2880
10-09-2005, 06:18 PM
My 93 does the same thing. Once I realized that it was supposed to have this rudder torque, I quickly got used to it. Now that I'm used to it, I wouldn't want a boat to be without it.

Dead on there. One of my regular buddy's boats has neutral steering. Boy does that stink once you're used to a constant pull. I feel like I'm steering a row-boat.