PDA

View Full Version : 03 x30 sputtering under load??

ryjacnutt
06-30-2013, 08:58 PM
I have a 03 x30. Bought it 5 years ago and had to replace the fuel sending unit. Recently it will start sputtering, like it is running out of gas or has bad gas, when I am pulling a tuber, haven't done it while pulling someone boarding. Have replaced fuel filter, spark plugs and wires, and used a gas additive. Any other suggestions, besides not pulling a tube :).

trikditout
07-01-2013, 07:10 PM
Mine is doing that same thing. The mastercraft dealer cant figure it out and I have replaced tons of parts trying to figure it out. I finally called corporate and now they are taking care of everything to get it fixed

CoreyWakeboard
07-04-2013, 11:49 AM
I have an 06 Maristar and having the same problem. After about an hour of use, it dies in the water and will not recrank. We hobble back to the trailer and hook a hose up and it cranks right up as if nothing is wrong. Am attempting to replace the fuel pump assembly whereas it seems as if the pump is not providing enough pressure under torque which I would assume to be greater when trying to push the boat thru the water. Expensive gamble, but pumps get old. Unfortunately the current pump didn't last but 180 hours...

bigmac
07-04-2013, 12:24 PM
I have an 06 Maristar and having the same problem. After about an hour of use, it dies in the water and will not recrank. We hobble back to the trailer and hook a hose up and it cranks right up as if nothing is wrong. Am attempting to replace the fuel pump assembly whereas it seems as if the pump is not providing enough pressure under torque which I would assume to be greater when trying to push the boat thru the water. Expensive gamble, but pumps get old. Unfortunately the current pump didn't last but 180 hours...

The first fuel pump on my Mastercraft-quality boat lasted about 4 hours. Second one was a $55 Airtex and is still working fine.

OP ought to check fuel pressure at the rail.