PDA

View Full Version : Fuel line replacement

svxwilson
06-30-2013, 12:16 AM
The fuel line that runs right by the distributor in my boat began to leak at the carb connection 3-4 weeks ago so I tightened it and leak stopped. Today when I was swapping the boat over to dexron-3 from 20/20 I was running it in the driveway in between flushes and noticed it began to leak again from that same spot. The line also looks kinked, it's old and must be replaced. Should I get a fancy braided line or just roll with standard tubing from a auto parts store? Or other suggestions?

millpondkid
06-30-2013, 12:38 AM
I spliced in about 6" of hard line on mine last summer. Mine was leaking at carb also. The rolled flange had a small crack around the edge,very hard to see.

CantRepeat
06-30-2013, 08:26 AM
http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=RA085002B

Table Rocker
06-30-2013, 09:25 AM
I believe marine fuel lines have to be more fire resistant than automotive. Coast Guard specs or something.

SWGA Boater
06-30-2013, 11:13 AM
I might would use the auto fuel hose in a pinch, but you will want to replace it with marine hose when you get a chance. I keep some auto hose on my boat though for a temp fix out on the water. Marine fuel hose is much thicker than auto fuel hose. I believe it has a 2 minute burn through time (not 100% sure though).

Call DIM and go with marine hose and then you will not have to worry about it anymore....

88 PS190
07-03-2013, 12:48 AM
I might would use the auto fuel hose in a pinch, but you will want to replace it with marine hose when you get a chance. ..

You say this. I put some on a chris craft about 10 years ago, there is never a time when your number one priority is going to be swapping that line instead of skiing!

My NAPA has marine line, autozone does not.