PDA

View Full Version : playpen filler

tommcat
10-07-2005, 07:38 PM
i have a 97 PS 205. i would like to construct a playpen cushion for the open bow. i was wondering if anybody could help me out with some plans or suggestions.
thanks
tom

PointTaken
10-07-2005, 09:13 PM
I'd help ya if I could. I owe you for the Expedition advice. I have a closed bow, the dinosaur (old school) it seems. Good luck.

Workin' 4 Toys
10-07-2005, 09:52 PM
I am trying to picture what you want. You want the seats to be connected in the front with no opening?

erkoehler
10-07-2005, 11:15 PM
This is what you are trying to do right?

erkoehler
10-07-2005, 11:15 PM
sorry its the wrong brand..... :D :moon:

tommcat
10-08-2005, 09:05 AM
sorry its the wrong brand..... :D :moon:yep, thats exactly what i want to make

east tx skier
10-09-2005, 12:44 AM
Here's what I'd suggest if you want it as close to stock dimensions as possible. This is what I did to make my jump seat. Order the OEM skins from MC (assuming they don't offer the part for your boat). Then work backwards from the seam dimensions on the skin. Doing this, I ended up with a jump seat that fits perfectly.

If they never offered this part, you might talk to a local upholstery shop and see what they suggest about making a custom bow filler.

kdr
10-09-2005, 05:39 PM
I might be doing this soon to my 93'. Here is what I would do.

Take a piece of cardboard and cut it to fit the area you want to fill. Transfer the template to a some 3/4" marine grade plywood and cut. Next take the piece to an upholstery shop and have them do the cushion and the vinyl to match the firmness, color, style, and height of the existing cushions. Next, make some legs of the height that you need and screw to the bottom then place in the boat.