PDA

View Full Version : 2000? sport nautique

D3skier
06-25-2013, 10:11 PM
ok seller states this is a 2000 which I don't think it is. Isn't this more of a 97-99? or possibly even older? Asking price is $12k which I already know is way too much considering the interior is trashed and the other big down side is no P.P. or tower. would like opinions on value of this one. Not too thrilled it's a SN but if the price is right would at least get me a boat again to be able to ski and possibly surf. I'm guestimating $4k for interior replaced and probable around 2-3k for a tower then of course putting wetsounds back on it with a bimini.

Thoughts?

wish I could find a 195 around this price instead.

46Chief
06-25-2013, 10:37 PM
You might want to try and ski behind it, I heard the slalom wake is horrible on a 2001 air nautique, which I think is the same hull. I'm not positive though I'd try and find any info on the correct craft fan forum.

Ben
06-25-2013, 10:53 PM
Holy crap. Some people have a lot more dough than I do to trash it like that.

Go to planet nautique to get the answer. If it is a stretched tsc1 hull (doesn't appear to be based on the rear end), I'd say you are good to ski. If it is based on the mid 90's hull or air nautique (as mentioned above), definitely want to ski it 1st.

Nautiques are sweet boats though. The 97+ 196's are great, especially at my -15/-22 level.... I will for sure look at a mid 2000s cc206 if I ever sell my 205. Also would look at the mc 197 and 214....

DemolitionMan
06-25-2013, 10:57 PM
I think the guy is way high, compared to this one.

http://denver.craigslist.org/boa/3894475737.html

D3skier
06-25-2013, 11:14 PM
Holy crap. Some people have a lot more dough than I do to trash it like that.

Go to planet nautique to get the answer. If it is a stretched tsc1 hull (doesn't appear to be based on the rear end), I'd say you are good to ski. If it is based on the mid 90's hull or air nautique (as mentioned above), definitely want to ski it 1st.

Nautiques are sweet boats though. The 97+ 196's are great, especially at my -15/-22 level.... I will for sure look at a mid 2000s cc206 if I ever sell my 205. Also would look at the mc 197 and 214....

would love to have another 197 but budget won't allow it right now. My biggest concern is going to be am I going to be sitting right price wise after redoing the interior adding a tower and perfect pass. I'm thinking I would need to be closer to $6k for that to happen

Double D
06-25-2013, 11:22 PM
My brother had a 99 Ski Nautique and his back corners were not cut like that. They were more rounded.

Not sure if that helps determining the year.

jamisonsbrodie
06-25-2013, 11:37 PM
It is at least a 99. In 1998, the hull changed(better ski wake) and the rear went from a sloped rear end to vertical like in the pics. In 99, it became a true walk thru(pictured)open bow w/ filler cushion vs a playpen triangle bow cushion. Decent ski wake at 34 mph, especially at 28 and shorter.

Technically it is badged as a TSC hull, same as the SN from 97+, but some would argue it isn't really a TSC. Skis well for a 21.5' boat. Good surf wake with enough weight. I have a lot of hours in and behind this boat 99 and a 2002, both surfing and skiing. Built really well and i love that engine.

bturner2
06-26-2013, 07:18 AM
That boat's a wreck. Looks like it could have had saltwater use to me especially with the aluminum trailer and the way the vinyl is trashed. To me that's a $5K - $7K project boat if the engine checks out. Let's do some of the easy math here.....

interior - full rebuild $3K - $4K
motor - if it still is solid. full tune, fluids, filters, impeller, hoses, etc. $500 - $600
trailer - most likely trashed too if he let the boat go this bad. brakes, tires, actuator, etc. $1K - $1.5K
hull - wash, rub, wax, price to fix cables, lights etc. - $700 - $1000

On the risk side you're looking at $7K without your stereo. You basically need to get this for free to come close to making it work. I like Demoman's boat better. Offer him $2K less, have it shipped to you and start using it tomorrow.....

Jeff_in_NY
06-26-2013, 09:17 AM
I agree with BTurner2. It's a dog. The trailer is not an original Nautique trailer. Interior, hull, etc like Turner said is right on. How much confidence do you have in a properly maintained engine when you look at how they maintained the rest of the boat? And that stuff is the "easy" stuff.

Also, I'm pretty sure that it is not a 2000. The 2000 graphics had the big "N" on the side. See here (http://correctcraftfan.com/reference/2000_brochure/index.asp?page=17).

The side graphics look more like a 1999 here (http://correctcraftfan.com/reference/1999_brochure/index.asp?page=14) or a 1998 (http://correctcraftfan.com/reference/1998_brochure2/index.asp?page=14)

EDIT - it very well may be a 2000 year model. There are a few 2000's (http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/?yrstart=2000&yrend=2000&model=Sport&state=&Forsale=&sortBy=Date+Added&Submit=Search) that don't have the "N" logo.

$12,000 for that is absolutely insane. Maybe the owner should have actually taken care of it if he wanted to get that price.

bturner2
06-26-2013, 12:08 PM
Oh, I forgot to add that if I brought that home for anything less that $2K my boating friends would use it as the running gag for years. The wife probably wouldn't let me back in the house and the subdivision would probably write a citation for parking an eyesore in on my lot.

This looks like another one of those "use and abuse" boat owners that expect full NDA for their trashed boat.

Obviously still liking Demomans boat......

D3skier
06-26-2013, 05:10 PM
well... guess he's just going to ignore my email as he still hasn't responded to my 1000 questions.

Rossterman
06-26-2013, 05:44 PM
That thing is a POS that probably never was maintained and from the looks of it, has never has a nickle invested to maintain it. Probably overheated a few times because too cheap to replace the impeller every few years. Oil probably worse. That is a $5k boat and could be a gamble at that. Does it even run?

D3skier
06-26-2013, 06:04 PM
That thing is a POS that probably never was maintained and from the looks of it, has never has a nickle invested to maintain it. Probably overheated a few times because to cheap to replace the impeller every few years. Oil probably worse. That is a $5k boat and could be a gamble at that. Does it even run?

they claim it does... it would be an extremely long drive to new bern to even look at it really.
Surprisingly enough I just got a response from her. Said she's willing to negotiate on the price and has some service records.

TayMC197
06-26-2013, 06:28 PM
It's either 99 or 2000

TayMC197
06-26-2013, 06:31 PM
Why are y'all dogging this boat? It's 15 years old and needs upholstery, most boats do by then anyway. So now you get new upholstery awesome. It's faded, 5 hours of labor and it looks new with less than $100 bucks worth of material, next problem? Can't see any, this boat has awesome potential. The price isn't bad for the boat. Another 2k of investment and its in great shape. Then you could sell it for 15k+.. Seems a few of you took after your mom's to much and can't turn a wrench! If the motor is sound you are good.

Not to mention the "non" factory trailer? For real? It's aluminum or galvanized (hard to tell from picture), I'd much rather it than the factory.

Rossterman
06-26-2013, 06:33 PM
If price is cheap enough to cover the parts needed to fix it (and the risk you will take because you likely will find other things wrong as well) it would make a good candidate to flip- not own. Ive bought a few neglected vehicles before and although fixed them up, they never returned to "pristeen" condition and little things pop up from time to time cosmetically that are too expensive to make right. In the long run the aggrevation outweighted the financial gain (unless i was buying and intending to do a complete restoration on a classic car).

Best used vehicles i have every bought came from people who were passionate about what they owned and had the financial capability to properly maintain them. Garages so clean you can eat off the floor, shelves need and tidy, etc.

If close by may be worth the time investment to see it but she is so far above what that boat is worth that she will likely not come down far enough to make this a good deal. Especially if it just went on the market. Sometimes it takes sellers hearing the same thing over and over to realize their "jewel that just needs a little TLC" is really nothing but a turd.

rodltg2
06-26-2013, 07:15 PM
12K way too much. Yay I can finally say that without getting yelled at! This is my boat I bought in March. I paid just a bit over 12K and its as close to perfect as you can get on a boat being 14 years old with 1640 hours.

Aric'sX15
06-26-2013, 07:18 PM
I would have never guessed that thing had 1600 hours.. great looking boat!!!

TayMC197
06-26-2013, 08:33 PM
12K way too much. Yay I can finally say that without getting yelled at! This is my boat I bought in March. I paid just a bit over 12K and its as close to perfect as you can get on a boat being 14 years old with 1640 hours.

Look at your hours and its a closed bow. I can make this boat look like yours in 2 weeks for less than 2k.

TayMC197
06-26-2013, 08:33 PM
Also 2k and that interior can be replaced. Less if you do more of the work yourself.

Jeff_in_NY
06-26-2013, 08:36 PM
Why are y'all dogging this boat? It's 15 years old and needs upholstery, most boats do by then anyway. So now you get new upholstery awesome. It's faded, 5 hours of labor and it looks new with less than $100 bucks worth of material, next problem? Can't see any, this boat has awesome potential. The price isn't bad for the boat. Another 2k of investment and its in great shape. Then you could sell it for 15k+.. Seems a few of you took after your mom's to much and can't turn a wrench! If the motor is sound you are good.

Not to mention the "non" factory trailer? For real? It's aluminum or galvanized (hard to tell from picture), I'd much rather it than the factory.

The owner can't even take a picture without getting their hands in the way. :noface:

The thing about the trailer is... why? Why does it not have a factory trailer. What did they do to it in 13 years to lose or destroy it? The thing has sat out in the weather.

However, I will say that if the engine runs, you could buy it and be on the water the next day and for the rest of the year.

rodltg2
06-26-2013, 09:04 PM
I rather have a high a hour boat that was well maintained and taken care of than a neglected low hour boat.

D3skier
06-26-2013, 09:49 PM
I rather have a high a hour boat that was well maintained and taken care of than a neglected low hour boat.

that's for sure... here's her response so needless to say I'm walking away from this one quickly.... I don't think I'd be willing to pay more than $8k for it in that condition.

The boat and trailer is valued at 16k dollars. We do realize that the repair costs would be almost $5,000 dollars. I will not go lower than 11,000. The boat was never run in saltwater, we use it in the Trent River and White Lake in North Carolina. We have changed the oil based on hours run and it was last changed last summer. The impeller was also changed last summer. Thanks for your continued interest.
Anne

Lumbergh
06-26-2013, 09:55 PM
Move along, nothing to see here...

aquaman
06-26-2013, 10:10 PM
that's for sure... here's her response so needless to say I'm walking away from this one quickly.... I don't think I'd be willing to pay more than $8k for it in that condition.

The boat and trailer is valued at 16k dollars. We do realize that the repair costs would be almost $5,000 dollars. I will not go lower than 11,000. The boat was never run in saltwater, we use it in the Trent River and White Lake in North Carolina. We have changed the oil based on hours run and it was last changed last summer. The impeller was also changed last summer. Thanks for your continued interest.
Anne

I think she will be glad to take less than $8k in a few months. More like $6-7k would be fair if the engine passes a ck out.

Sit tight, but keep looking.

D3skier
06-26-2013, 10:25 PM
I think she will be glad to take less than $8k in a few months. More like $6-7k would be fair if the engine passes a ck out.

Sit tight, but keep looking.

I'm in no rush as I'd really like to find a MC 195 or possibly a 205. Have found a few really nice closed bow nautiques but still trying to hold out for a MC instead.

Rossterman
06-27-2013, 05:45 AM
Too cheap to even buy a blue trap to cover it from the weather But spent the money to have it serviced/ maintained each year- right.....

Some people amaze me! If it would look brand new for $5k they should do it and sell for $16k (except they forgot the $5k in labor needed to clean, polish, fix the little stuff that they would have to pay someone because they dont want to do anything themselves).

The funny thing is eventually they will probably find someone with more money than brains to pay close to asking price. As PT Barnum said....:)

bturner2
06-27-2013, 06:49 AM
"Oil was changed based on hours"

Yeah right. How many hours and most likely if it didn't get much use over the last 5 years because it was broke the oil didn't get changed.

But hey if you're looking for a gamble try here.....

http://auction.repocast.com/details.cfm?ID=1313959

They actually have 2 Supra's right now that you can bid on and you probably can get both for less than that CC and they both look better.

bturner2
06-27-2013, 07:26 AM
Here's a 190 at the same repo auction site different location.....

http://auction.repocast.com/details.cfm?ID=1313968

TRBenj
06-27-2013, 09:06 AM
Looks like youre passing, and I would have done the same... but a few clarifications:

Boat is a '99 based on gauges, graphics and walk through open bow.

There was a *very minor* hull change on the Sport in '98, but it supposedly only made the boat turn better- ski performance was unchanged. The deck did change though, which visually differentiates the 98-02 Sport/Air from the 93-97 version. All ski the same, which is to say, pretty darn good for a 21' open bow. The hull is based on the 1990-1996 Ski Nautique, it never got the TSC hull (which debuted on the Ski Nautique in 1997). Anyone saying that a Sport or Air of this vintage doesnt ski well is either comparing to a world class ski boat (97+ SN or similar era Prostar 190) or is confusing an "Air" with a "Pro Air" or "Super Air". Despite the similar names, those are 3 different boats- the Air being the same as the Sport, which is a very good all around ski and wakeboard boat. The Pro Air is a direct drive that shared the same deck as the Sport/Air, but got a different hull that did not ski well at all. The Super Air is a v-drive with a similar hull as the Sport/Air, but due to the aft weight, does not ski nearly as well.

These boats are pretty highly sought after for their versatility... they do everything pretty darn well and are quite spacious. $12k is a very low price on such a boat, so they may get close to that, even with all the work it needs- simply because the demand is there. I do think you'd be better off finding a cherry one for $15k or so, though. While the 195 will ski very well, a Sport like this (in nice shape) is a step up the ladder in terms of build quality, refinement, and driveability, not to mention a bit more spacious.

aquaman
06-27-2013, 09:31 AM
I'm in no rush as I'd really like to find a MC 195 or possibly a 205. Have found a few really nice closed bow nautiques but still trying to hold out for a MC instead.

hey, nothing wrong with a Correct Craft, I have owned and luved 3 prior to my MasterCraft.

they are extremely well built.

shop the boat you WANT....or you will have regrets that dont go away. :)

mikeg205
06-27-2013, 09:45 AM
get hull id - that will have year.

D3skier
06-27-2013, 09:59 AM
get hull id - that will have year.

I've pretty much scratched this one off the list because that boat is not worth $11k by any means. Was thinking about replying to her saying good luck with the sale but figured I'd better just shut up an leave it alone